Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,854   Posts: 1,582,914   Online: 979

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Just as a side note:
    It is surprising that this camera family is hailed that much.

-) 35mm is not the classic FL for a Tessar covering 24x36
    -) focussing is done by front cell only
    -) the aperture has only two blades

All things typically fit to denounce a camera on such forum...
    All the things you write about this camera are undeniably true AgX, but after 25 years of using one I can assure you that the 35mm f2.8 Colour Minotar lens fitted to the camera makes images so sharp and contrasty it would put most 35mm lenses on other cameras to shame. I bought mine after reading a test report in a now defunct magazine called SLR Camera, where on test they tested the lens three times because they couldn't believe how good the results were, you can't judge a lens purely on it's specification only in use, just like according to the laws of aviation physics it's impossible for a bee to fly .
    Ben

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    True, Ben.
    Read my remark as hinted at us at forums and not at those cameras.

Back to repair issues know. (My sample needs repair too...)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ben and AgX both win a cigar! As a 35mm focal length lens I think it is one of the best I have ever used. That includes Leica, Nikon and Zeiss. Very low to none in the distortion department. Some say it vignettes badly, but I just don't see it. Of course it could be because I'm half blind. JohnW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wiegerink View Post
    Ben and AgX both win a cigar! As a 35mm focal length lens I think it is one of the best I have ever used. That includes Leica, Nikon and Zeiss. Very low to none in the distortion department. Some say it vignettes badly, but I just don't see it. Of course it could be because I'm half blind. JohnW
    At the risk of repeating myself these Minox 35mm cameras are great for street shooting, because if your subject takes offence and sticks it "where the Sun don't shine" they are so small as not to be too painful, whereas my Canon F1 would be a diffent matter .
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    At the risk of repeating myself these Minox 35mm cameras are great for street shooting, because if your subject takes offence and sticks it "where the Sun don't shine" they are so small as not to be too painful, whereas my Canon F1 would be a diffent matter .
    Well, for that type of street shooting I much prefer the Minox B or IIIs and want it to be in the "closed" position. Much smaller yet!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin