Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,062   Online: 994

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Minolta X700 film transport, later I switched to Nikon because Minolta changed the bajonett on there cameras for AF!
    This was for me the main reason to switch to Nikon!!!
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think I've ever had a camera that failed. If I did, there would be no blame, therefore no forgiveness - as a camera is not sentient and has no volition.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's usually the owner that's "failed" to have the camera properly maintained, if you buy a 25+ year old camera of unknown history from an auction site and you expect it to work reliably for another 25 years without any cleaning lubrication and adjustment is I.M.O. foolish. If I buy a new old camera that want to shoot seriously with I factor into the price I pay the cost of a C.L.A. by my local camera repairer, if I can't afford it I don't buy it, because I'm a user not a collector, my cameras are just a means to an end, not an end in themselves, and I don't want a house full of unusable cameras.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 07-24-2013 at 07:52 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    It's usually the owner that's "failed" to have the camera properly maintained, if you buy a 25+ year old camera of unknown history from an auction site and you expect it to work reliably for another 25 years without any cleaning lubrication and adjustment is I.M.O. foolish. If I buy a new old camera that want to shoot seriously with I factor into the price I pay the cost of a C.L.A. by my local camera repairer, if I can't afford it I don't buy it, because I'm a user not a collector, my cameras are just a means to an end, not an end in themselves, and I don't want a house full of unusable cameras.
    +100.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin