Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,721   Posts: 1,514,957   Online: 1116

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Yes, but that works only if you know how much. The OP will need to compare it to another camera or meter of known accuracy. An alkaline cell's voltage is about 18% higher than a mercury cell.
    Well of course.

Shooter
    35mm
    I agree with you, I tried the 1.3 wein cell and the needle is further up. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    If the needle is above the rectangle then I think the battery voltage is too low rather than too high. Without the battery the needle is all the way up and the battery voltage drives the needle downward.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    In all probability the meter would work fine but the glue used to bond the meter cell blocks to the prism has yellowed and cracked. The fact that your is indicating above this rectangle tells me not enough light is reaching the cells. If the battery voltage is above the 1.35v needed the needle will drop below this rectangle..
    for more information..
    See here http://colynsfotografs.com/srt.html
    Leicarfcam aka Colyn

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Vsanzbajo View Post
    I agree with you, I tried the 1.3 wein cell and the needle is further up. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    You can recalibrate the BC function. If you remove the base plate there are 2 variable resistors (potentiometers). One of them is for the light meter and another is for the battery meter. But I personally wouldn't worry much about the STt 101 meter, I would rather use it as a meterless camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    If the needle is above the rectangle then I think the battery voltage is too low rather than too high. Without the battery the needle is all the way up and the battery voltage drives the needle downward.
    Argh. I had it backwards. Sorry - it's been at least 4 or 5 years since I handled an SRT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin