Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,960   Posts: 1,558,267   Online: 950

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Try setting the (auto)focus selector at the front to C: continuous servo AF. This means it will focus when you want but give you shutter release priority over the focus status. I was having a problem where it would not release when reframing if the (new) subject was not in focus and this fixed it.

Jon

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I haven't used my F100 in a year so i dragged it out to test. I usually use CSM 4 set to disabled so I need to push the AF-ON button to engage the AF. But I just turned it off to test and my F100 is behaving how I think you want it to work when in Single mode. In Continuous mode it seems be doing what yours is. Both 9 and 10 are set to 0 on my camera. Since all your cameras do it I assume it has to be a setting.

Based on the way you are shooting it sounds like you may want to also switch to only engaging the AF with the AF-ON button. Once I did, it cut down most of my frustration with AF. I have my DLSR setup this way too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    One of the coolest settings on the F100, IMO, is #4.

When set to disabled, 1, the shutter trigger button no longer triggers autofocus. Instead you have to Autofocus with the AF button on the back which is virtually under your thumb when holding the camera.

I combine that with custom setting 7 enabled, 1, which makes a half push of the shutter button lock the exposure setting.

Nine is set to, 1, disabled.
    Ten is set to, 0, disabled.

These settings allow me to pick my exposure in one place (push and hold), pick my focus point in another (push and release), then I can reframe and shoot where I please almost as if it were (for that moment) a fully manual camera.

That ability is why I own an F100 and an F5. It makes life easier for a guy with old eyes.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep, figure out how to set up "back button af" where the back af-on button takes care of all af activation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by summicron1 View Post
    ya know, the instruction manual for my Leica CL doesn't contain even one single sentence that is 1/10th as confusing as this one. Custom Function 9??? Dynamic AF mode with closest subject priority? Single Servo mode?

Cripes.

We're trying to take pictures here, folks, not launch the Space Shuttle.

Focus, match needle, shoot. End of story.

<Rant mode><exit>
    Yup, that's why I sold off my F100; I wanted to take pictures, it wanted to launch rockets!

Eric

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    ya know, the instruction manual for my Leica CL doesn't contain even one single sentence that is 1/10th as confusing as this one. Custom Function 9??? Dynamic AF mode with closest subject priority? Single Servo mode?

Cripes.

<Rant mode><exit>
    Yeah? Could you show me that 8 times a second on a Ducati GP12 going into turn 1 at 170 MPH?

What pictures are you taking? There are tools for every job. Pick the right one and learn how to use it.

EDIT: I did not mean that to come across as harsh as it did. However the point is valid.
    Last edited by MartinCrabtree; 07-20-2013 at 02:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinCrabtree View Post
    Yeah? Could you show me that 8 times a second on a Ducati GP12 going into turn 1 at 170 MPH?

What pictures are you taking? There are tools for every job. Pick the right one and learn how to use it.

EDIT: I did not mean that to come across as harsh as it did. However the point is valid.
    I do love the simplicity of my FM2 but (and that's an OMG but) the F100 ain't that tough and the capabilities of F100 for working quick and shooting flash and metering, there is simply no contest.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    35mm

Cripes.

<Rant mode><exit>
    That is why the CLE is more expensive than the F100 and yet the MP is simpler and the price is higher still. So you have to pay for ease of use. You can see that it's almost impossible to use P&S cameras and that's why they are cheap.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    But that only works at shutter speeds of 1/500 or faster, meaning that you only get 8 1/500-parts of that second and missed 492 1/500-parts of that same second

(I have (ao) the F80, F100 and CLE, and I like them all )

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by MartinCrabtree View Post

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P7510 met Tapatalk

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yeah but that would be video wouldn't it?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin