Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,312   Posts: 1,536,661   Online: 815

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Is the Minolta CLE only aperture priority?

Hi!

Is the CLE an aperture priority only camera, or does it have the option of full manual control? What about the CL?

Thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Full manual for both:

http://cameraquest.com/cle.htm

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks! The only annoyance, for me at least, is the lack of metering in manual mode. I love the size/weight though. Traditional Leicas are just too heavy for my taste.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the CL is full manual with match-needle metering, very quick to use, and doesn't die if the battery does. It is my standard travel camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Can you use the cle lenses on the cl?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ^^^Yup!

But the CL can't use some older wide angles(21,28) and collapsible can hit the sensor arm. Something like Dymo tape will limit how far the collapsible will go into the body though.
    Same thing with the M5(not relevant)
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    That's great. I just like having ttl metering, but the 40mm is an odd focal length.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the CL should not used leica collapsible lenses when they are collapsed but, interestingly enough, can use some voigtlander wide angle lenses -- I have a 15 I use all the time, and also a Canon 25 (very old) that works just wonderfully.

but, yeah, use a leica collapsible 50, leica says to put a circle of dynamo tape (or something similar) around the lens barrel to keep it from going into the body and hitting the meter.

FWIW, the 40mm Summicron C that comes with it is an excellent lens and can be used on M bodies as a snapshooter lens. It's not so odd, a lot of compacts used 40, and is a good compromise between wide angle and a normal lens that pokes out too far.

Shooter
    35mm
    Can you explain what a collapsible lens is?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yes and no. The CL will mount the CLE lens and focus for most distances. However, the CLE 40mm focuses two or three inches closer than a CL 40mm lens.

Quote Originally Posted by mporter012 View Post
    Can you use the cle lenses on the cl?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin