Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,985   Posts: 1,523,930   Online: 934

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Nikon MW-1 repair /help needed

Hello APUGs

Recently, I replaced the batteries in my Nikon MW-1 radio remote control receiver (the one that attaches to the motor drive). Unfortunately, I reversed the polarity of one battery, and left it there overnight. Next day, I found the battery compartment a mess, and some acid leaked into the receiver circuit.

After cleaning everything, a fresh set of batteries were inserted, and the test light comes on, but no radio signal is not being received from the remote unit.

I was able to locate and unscrew the 2 small screws inside the battery compartment, and can pull the guts out (upward) about 1/4", not farther, because the indicator bulbs protrude. Tried all kinds of tricks, no luck.

My question is, does any one have an idea how to dissemble the unit? or have access to the repair manual, or know someone who can fix it?

Many thanks
    Sam
    Last edited by DrZorba; 07-20-2013 at 09:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin