Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,650   Posts: 1,481,302   Online: 835

Shooter
    Multi Format

Nikkor 28mm f1.8g anyone have this

Anyone using the 28mm f1.8 G nikkor? This would be for autofocus as I have plenty of manual focus 28mm lenses.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have the lens but really haven't used it much, and not at all on film. What do you want to know?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by L Gebhardt View Post
    I have the lens but really haven't used it much, and not at all on film. What do you want to know?
    Maybe I'm the only one that can answer this but is it a good substitute for the Zeiss 28/2. I have stopped using irreplaceable lenses on vacation

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't know the answer to that as I haven't used the Zeiss at all. I will say I don't find there to be much that excites me about the Nikon, either good or bad. It's decent, but it has a few quirks. It is fairly light weight, is pretty sharp on the D800E, so it should be good on film. It also has a funny bit of field curvature or focus shift that I still don't have a good handle on. I bought the Sigma 35mm f/1.4 and that has pretty much taken the place of the 28mm Nikon for me as the perfect walk around lens, though obviously a bit longer.

I would be perfectly happy taking the lens on vacation, especially for handheld shots used in a point and shoot mode.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum52/8...2-tragedy.html

I found a site with some resolution data comparing the zeiss 28/2 to Nikkor 28/1.8 and they compare favorably.
    http://www.photozone.de/nikon_ff/751...2818ff?start=1

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin