Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,108   Online: 1175

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an FM2 that worked great when I got it and then the meter just died. Tried everything I could think of and no luck. So now I've marked it no meter and use it that way. Fortunately it's rather easy to use the FM line without the meter at all. Good luck with it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    I was born with the curse of being able to fix everything.

Thats kinda like me, except my curse is to want to try and fix everything, though sometimes it doesnt always work out! haha

At least the FM is the type of body that the meter isnt really required to still have great operation of the camera. I was originally going to tell you to check if the wind lever was moved out to turn the meter on, but it was the last item on your list. Thats the one that usually gets people unfamiliar with the camera.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I don't fail. I'm good. Sadly have no talent for chasing women, but can expertly fix EVERYTHING.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Take the lens off, grab the little lever at the top of the lens mount and work it back and forth rapidly several dozen times. This has worked for me in the past to revive a balky Nikon meter. And you probably won't break anything.

Oh, and the EM doesn't need film in it to meter, it just needs the counter to be at frame 1.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The meter coupling lever, you mean? Yeah, I tried that after seeing your comment. It didn't work for me. Thanks, though!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    I don't fail. I'm good. Sadly have no talent for chasing women, but can expertly fix EVERYTHING.
    Glad I'm not the only one with this issue.
    APUG: F, F/FTN,F2,F2A,F2AS,F3,F3HP,FA,FE,FM,FM2,FE2,XK,XM,XD, XD-5,XD-7,XD-11,XE,XE-5,XE-7,SRT101,SRT102,XG9,XG7,XG1,XG-SE,XG-M,X700,OM-1,OM-1n,OM-2,OM-2n,OM-4,F-1,F-1N,AE-1P,R5,500C/M,SCII
    DPUG:D100,D200,D300

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I had an FE where the problem was the top of the battery compartment had cracked allowing the top contact to press against some metal in the camera, shorting the batteries. it's a long shot but remove the batteries and use a flashlight to inspect the plastic at the other end of the compartment for cracks and breakage. I managed to fix mine by wedging some tape in between as an insulator.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is a meter switch under the top cover. The wind lever closes it to activate the meter.

Just sayin'
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Time for a trip to the repair man.
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin