Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,998   Online: 692

Thread: drop in

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

drop in

I just bought one of those fix-focus, fix-exposure setting, manual-wind cameras with Galilei-finder and incorporated electronic flashlight.

It could have added to my sub-collection of coloured cameras, it is red, but the actual reason I bought it was that its design is a bit more neat and that it is labelled "Fuji" and "Fujinon Lens".

Fuji DL-7

Back home I realized that the lens is a partially coated triplet.

But my actual surprise came when I tried to open the standard looking, hinged back door:
    it could not be opened more than 22°.

It turned out that the film is loaded from beneath. As with other simple cameras the back door covers part of the bottom. But unlike the others that partially opened back door yields a slit to insert the leader.Like in the Leica style, but with added automatic grasping of the leader when closing the door.

This kind of bottom loading was new to me.

(Actually it says "Drop In Loading" on the front...)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hello AgX,

Fuji stopped to produce these cameras few years ago . I bought one of the latest example and it was better than my leica in Street. Its magnificient lens and was 24mm. It was the easiest to use camera I have ever had. Fujinon , I believe the best lens Japan produced , other one Hexar. If you dont want to use it , I can buy from you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    FWIW, if you want to open the back completely, just press gently on the limiting lever with the back open.

It only allows you to satisfy some curiosity, nothing else.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Actually I tried to open it completely (for more easy cleaning of the film compartment). But it vain.

With your remark in mind I'll have another try...

It DID work! There is a wedge-like hook at the inner leg of that lever.
    (Why didn't I think of such myself?)
    Last edited by AgX; 07-26-2013 at 06:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin