Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,560   Posts: 1,545,262   Online: 827

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newton Rings??

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    I'm still having hard time believing lens can cause rings looking like newton's ring on negative.
    Originally they were described as "I get a strange horizontal streak across the photo" rather than a ring.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Newton's streak?
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does this streak go lengthwise along the roll? Across?
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Does this streak go lengthwise along the roll? Across?
    No just some, only the ones taken with the 50mm lens. And not all of the photos taken with the 50mm had the pattern. The pattern looks like flatten round circles down the center of the negative horizontally.

David
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hope this works, my computer skills are very poor. The pattern here is vertical due to camera position.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49854418@N07/9370340991/

David
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    But you don't see it on the bare negative right? Out of the sleeve. Just on the scan? Using a flat bed scanner?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    steve barry
    my stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's an obvious newton's ring! Flip your negative upside down and scan it. I guarantee you won't see it!
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    tkamiya + 1

Yup, that is a scanning phenomenon. Your film is touching the glass, it happens to me all the time It's a pain in the ass. Do what he says.

Peter
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebarry View Post
    But you don't see it on the bare negative right? Out of the sleeve. Just on the scan? Using a flat bed scanner?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    You are correct, not on negative. Strange the way it happened on certain photos from just my 50mm lens. In all the rolls I have scanned I have never seen this before. thanks for your help.

David
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    tkamiya + 1

Yup, that is a scanning phenomenon. Your film is touching the glass, it happens to me all the time It's a pain in the ass. Do what he says.

Peter
    Thanks for the help, never had this happen before.

David
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin