Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,817   Posts: 1,581,638   Online: 817

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think my old FE2 was pretty neat. Should never have sold it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Reminds me of a problem I have with a major consumer-oriented publication. I have bought refrigerators and vacuum-cleaners based on their exclamations that they are the best, while reality over time proves the magazine was WRONG.

While I admit, features-wise the F5 may be the "penultimate". The camera with lasting value will turn out to be a mechanical non-metered camera.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    OK - I get given a Leica M6 and HCB gets a Brownie 127, we both go into town for 2 or 3 hours. Who comes back with the better pictures (not me).
    WRONG.

Word play here though...

YOU come back taking better pictures than you used to, after watching HCB for 2 or 3 hours (but during that time you didn't take a single frame because you were so in awe...) HCB couldn't get much better.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hmmm. "Best" can be so subjective. Best at what? If you limit "best" to a more objective measure, technical capability, then the F6 would be the "best". It's smaller and lighter. It can be used with CLS. It can write shooting data between the frames. It will write shooting data out to a file. 11 focus points. Metering follows focus points. Yep. I would have to say it's the best. But I don't have one because it's expensive and I enjoy shooting with my old manual cameras. My F100 rarely sees the light of day but my old manual cameras get used just about daily. They are definitely not better but the shooting experience sure is a lot more rewarding, for me anyway.
    Last edited by Lamar; 07-29-2013 at 11:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    If best is measured by how many shots you can get in a roll then these two half frame capable cameras could be considered best . . .

Shooter
    35mm
    They have stood the test of time - and continue to be productive units, so they could be considered the best . . .

Shooter
    35mm
    According to Ken Rockwell, the GREATEST 35mm ever made is the M-3.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    My answer is that the camera that we can make 'disappear' from our work flow, where we know it intimately enough that we know what to expect when we use it, is the best one, because it is the least distracting one, allowing you to focus your attention on the important part - the picture!
    Yup.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Without a doubt, the F6. It simply has everything any sane person would want from a film camera.

The ones I use the most? A Zeiss ZI rangefinder, and a Konika Hexar RF.
    Why? I guess I just like them a lot.
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nikon F.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin