Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,575   Online: 1007

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with Chan Tran. With B&W and color negative film just use center weighted metering instead of matrix and you're always spot on. The same trick works for F100 as well.

Shooter
    35mm
    The same trick works for F100 as well.
    The F100 has a different meter, based on the F90X, with 10 segments (F90X=8 segments). In reality little difference with the F90X, but a bit different than the F5 colour meter, as was noted above.
    My cameras:
    Fed 2
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    The F100 has a different meter, based on the F90X, with 10 segments (F90X=8 segments). In reality little difference with the F90X, but a bit different than the F5 colour meter, as was noted above.
    The F90x (N90s in USA) is also cheap nowadays. I recently bought mine for $25.
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T2, Nikon F4s, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Experience with Nikon F5

I have 2 of them. Fantastic cameras. A bit heavy but built like a tank. Had a strap let go bouncing one of mine off the ice on a paved road. No damage at all to the camera. I was shocked. I love the meter. It is hard to fool. Backlit flowers are a snap. My wife shoots them and they come out perfect. She has had no training and didn't even know what backlighting meant when she met me and gave it a whirl. Unbelievable shots. The controls are laid out much better than the F4 that I had. Easy to manual focus as well. I would give it the highest rating. Don

Shooter
    35mm
    I had an F5 briefly, bought used from Adorama. The darn thing wouldn't auto-focus to infinity so I sent it back and now have an F6 instead. I do not know if infinity focus is an issue with the F5 but it is something I'd check on any potential body purchase.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    I had an F5 briefly, bought used from Adorama. The darn thing wouldn't auto-focus to infinity so I sent it back and now have an F6 instead. I do not know if infinity focus is an issue with the F5 but it is something I'd check on any potential body purchase.
    Obviously an issue with that particular body. If the venerable F5 had an issue with infinity focus in general it would not have become such a popular camera.

(Mine has certainly never had a problem auto-focusing at infinity.)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck94022 View Post
    Obviously an issue with that particular body. If the venerable F5 had an issue with infinity focus in general it would not have become such a popular camera.

(Mine has certainly never had a problem auto-focusing at infinity.)
    Mine won't auto focus if I point it at a blank sky. I don't think it's a defect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    +1 Chan. But It has not proven to be an issue.
    Cheers - Andy C
    ---------------------

16mm Cine, 35mm, 120, 5x4 & 7x5.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    Mine won't auto focus if I point it at a blank sky. I don't think it's a defect.
    Mine won't auto focus when I have the lens cap on too.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    Nor presumably will a F6 either? Don't all autofocus cameras rely on contrast and texture to focus otherwise they "hunt" back and forth.

pentaxuser

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin