Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,238   Online: 884

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: F5/F6 weight?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by damonff View Post
    Yes, the F3 without the motor drive is fabulous. The winder is so smooth and silky. And aperture priority makes it very easy to shoot. Awesome camera.
    I completely agree! I recently started using my Nikon F3HP (purchased new in 1983) again, after a hiatus of several years with my Nikon DSLR's. I took my MD-4 motordrive off the camera, which made the camera heavy as a brick, and fitted it with the bottom portion of a CF-21 case (purchased in new condition on eBay). It's now a light, elegant and relatively compact camera, easy to carry

My first roll of film, a Fujicolor 160S Pro that I'd kept in the frig, was run through the camera and came back very nicely exposed using only automatic aperture exposure. What a nice camera, still a young 30 years old!

Jim

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JimCee View Post

I completely agree! I recently started using my Nikon F3HP (purchased new in 1983) again, after a hiatus of several years with my Nikon DSLR's. I took my MD-4 motordrive off the camera, which made the camera heavy as a brick, and fitted it with the bottom portion of a CF-21 case (purchased in new condition on eBay). It's now a light, elegant and relatively compact camera, easy to carry

My first roll of film, a Fujicolor 160S Pro that I'd kept in the frig, was run through the camera and came back very nicely exposed using only automatic aperture exposure. What a nice camera, still a young 30 years old!

Jim
    Nice. I suspect my F3P will spend a lot of time in F3 Limited mode. Even though there's no cable release socket, the camera does handle pretty well as a non-motorized camera.

Attached is a pic of my previous F3P with an 85/1.8 K-version Nikkor attached. Shown in the non-motorized configuration.

-J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 9014539_5.jpg  
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.4 S, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Medium Format
    John_Nikon_F, I havn't seen a Viewsonic tube monitor in a while. I miss tube monitors.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    mweintraub,

If you're anywhere near Seattle, I have a good working 21" Mitsubishi that you can have. Got it after said Viewsonic committed suicide. Now use a Macbook as my main computer, so I don't need it.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.4 S, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    mweintraub,

If you're anywhere near Seattle, I have a good working 21" Mitsubishi that you can have. Got it after said Viewsonic committed suicide. Now use a Macbook as my main computer, so I don't need it.

-J
    No, not near and wife would not like me getting it either.

Shooter
    35mm
    I got the Viewsonic tube monitor. It was Viewsonic top of the line 21". I run it at 2048x1536 resolution.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by chip j View Post
    I have a F100, but the cheap plastic catches on the back broke, and I'll never get another one. My N90s has metal catches.
    Cheap fix. It's got two spring loaded pins inside the hinge.
    Get a replacement and a minute or so fixes that problem

There are no flexible circuits connecting back & body either, they're under the film aperture and pressure plate.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks so much, John. I'll try it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin