Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,597   Online: 711

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Feldstein View Post
    I wish ROR came in the 1 liter size bottle ! I wasn't quite familiar with how ROR is used when I first tried it. So during my first attempt, I spritzed a little on a double piece of Kimwipe lab tissue and initially, it left a very slight film/residue that I recall now, people complained about. The trick is to wipe the glass off with a couple of dry lens tissues after using ROR. THAT made a huge difference. I've used it the same as you Benji. Monitors, flat screens, reading glasses.

I don't know about you, but I never use lens cleaning cloths. My vibe is that they hide debris and particulate matter that may cause scratches to glass surfaces. So I prefer the tissue. But that's just my opinion.

Thanks for your note, btw.
    Have a great rest of the week !
    Mark
    I don't use microfibre or any kind of lens cloths on my lenses either Mark, only lens tissues like you because at least you know they are always clean.
    Ben

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ROR and Kimwipes?

Guys you only need fighter fluid, 99% isoproponal, or preferably Naphtha (white gas). Use a PEC pad, small amount, and done.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    ROR and Kimwipes?

Guys you only need fighter fluid, 99% isoproponal, or preferably Naphtha (white gas). Use a PEC pad, small amount, and done.
    Do you know what lighter fluid can do the the Canada balsam that cements lens elements together ?, I'd rather stick to a product that's none toxic and made for lens cleaning thanks.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's far better to keep the lens clean, than to keep cleaning the lens. Why I use filters and caps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I don't use microfibre or any kind of lens cloths on my lenses either Mark, only lens tissues like you because at least you know they are always clean.
    Yes - a cloth which is used and reused contains whatever was wiped off the lens, and will sooner or later get grit in it and cause those famous marks. Same with lens pens.
    I use tissue, which is kept in it's original envelope, inside a small ziploc bag, used once and thrown away.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like Kodak liquid lens cleaner and Kodak lens tissues!

I don't understand how lens pens and microfiber cloths are supposed to not scratch eventually.
    Last edited by lxdude; 08-20-2013 at 10:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    I like Kodak liquid lens cleaner and Kodak lens tissues!:happy

I don't understand how lens pens and microfiber cloths are supposed to not scratch eventually.
    Just read the advertising.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh yeah, that's right! Silly me..
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I once my bottle of ROR claims a 1 stop gain. I was afraid it would mess things up. Don't want my 300 2.8 to become an f2.0

I used caps as often as I know which pocket I put them in.... generally the work is more important that putting a cap on the lens that I am not using.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    I once my bottle of ROR claims a 1 stop gain. I was afraid it would mess things up. Don't want my 300 2.8 to become an f2.0

I used caps as often as I know which pocket I put them in.... generally the work is more important that putting a cap on the lens that I am not using.
    One stop gain over what? Have they ever looked at a one-stop ND filter? That would be one filthy lens. I love advertising - I'm sort of surprised they didn't promise it would get you l@id.

(I'm not claiming the cleaner is no good, just commenting on the ad.)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin