Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,465   Posts: 1,570,681   Online: 847

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Try loading the Horizont panoramics.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    had a student bring an old Praktica to class (forget which model) but it was harder than any old Leica, and many of the old Leicas were tough to load
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Every camera I've ever tried to load after a night at the pub. Mostly the widelux though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Lieca's...
    I wonder how many got away from HCB while re-loading?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another vote for the Leicas. I've had my M6s for going on a decade and I still have yet to load one in anything that could be considered a timely fashion...
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
    Another vote for the Leicas. I've had my M6s for going on a decade and I still have yet to load one in anything that could be considered a timely fashion...
    Don't watch that it spools, just load it and put the bottom back on. Advance, verify rewind is moving, you're done. M4 and beyond are designed to be advanced after loading with the bottom on.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had trouble here and there with the Rollei 35. When you load it wrong and advance the film, it grinds horribly like a student driver on an old stick shift car. I found the Contax T to be similar, maybe because of its size.

I use screwmount Leicas for most of my photography, so I have no trouble loading them. I quite enjoy it actually - a labor of love, I suppose.
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by illumiquest View Post
    Every camera I've ever tried to load after a night at the pub. Mostly the widelux though.
    I've noticed that myself.
    I once had an odd problem. I must have left my door key in a puddle of beer, because it swelled up and took me a long time to get into the keyhole. Very odd.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    I've noticed that myself.
    I once had an odd problem. I must have left my door key in a puddle of beer, because it swelled up and took me a long time to get into the keyhole. Very odd.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by heterolysis View Post
    So I'm alone? I guess that's a good thing. It's been this way for 15+ years... The leader doesn't really go into the slot. Not enough for the one little tooth to catch. Will play around with it, there's still hope!

EDIT!

With all my might I jammed the lead of some Tri-X in and it went. I am amazed. Something must have been lodged in there---I almost lost some fingers one winter trying to load it!
    Hetero,
    The leader goes into the takeup spool at a tangent and enters against the direction of rotation. It should enter easily, when it's aimed properly. Then when you advance, the film is bent on itself and the notch is forced over the little tooth.
    Last edited by E. von Hoegh; 07-31-2013 at 12:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin