Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,542   Posts: 1,572,816   Online: 992

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Chan the secret with the F5 is to make sure the cartridge is perfectly laid down in the dock designed for it. Had that problem with mine for a while too.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Don't watch that it spools, just load it and put the bottom back on. Advance, verify rewind is moving, you're done. M4 and beyond are designed to be advanced after loading with the bottom on.
    Confirmed...
    first you need to be aware that the sticker revealed when you remove the base plate is only for use at -10C or below!
    the user manual says take the film through two petal leaf pairs at normal temperatures the single pair on the base plate is only for -10C...
    then flip open the back door pin the film to the inner guide rail thumb of one hand and tension the film in the cassette with the fast rewind using other hand
    close the door attach the base plate and fire three blanks or two
    this works well even with very thin base PET film
    Leitz were worried by film shatter when rewinding cold

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    I wonder how many got away from HCB while re-loading?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Never really liked the reverse winding cameras where the film goes under. The Canon Ql's are a dream.

With my M3 I pull the spool out, slide the leader in and pull enough film from the cassette and slide the film in. Not too bad. On a PBS show I saw Leibovitz load what appeared to be a M6 in like 5 sec's. Man she was fast.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can't load film in my digital camera.

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My F5 always seems really hard to load when I'm missing shots trying to jam the film in under that little tooth in a rush. Any camera is hard to load when you are really tired and sick from energy drinks teetering on top of a 12 foot ladder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    I can't load film in my digital camera.

Jeff
    You're not holding your mouth right! Your tongue should be slightly coming out of the right corner of your mouth. This helps me when I load 4x5 holders too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Widelux

got to make sure you feed film under the right places....
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Early Soviet Leica copies are very hard to load. I have a FED I with a serial below 3000 and it takes at least 5 minutes but more often longer to load properly.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamG View Post
    My F5 always seems really hard to load when I'm missing shots trying to jam the film in under that little tooth in a rush. Any camera is hard to load when you are really tired and sick from energy drinks teetering on top of a 12 foot ladder.
    That is my one complaint about the F5. The tooth is rather annoying to deal with.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn, FT2
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/2 K, 50/1.4 AI, 55/3.5 Micro PC, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 105/2.5 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin