Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,336   Posts: 1,537,568   Online: 1103

Shooter
    35mm

Nikon FE Meter Readings And Film Speed

Hi folks,

I've been having some exposure problems recently so I conducted this test on Kodak UltraMax 400 to see what my camera is doing. I had the test roll processed and I scanned the results myself (I know, they're terrible). My big question is whether or not changing the asa is actually having an effect on the exposure. It kinda seems like it is.

Right after I did this my FE started having shutter problems, so I'm not sure if that had a bearing on the results either.

The table lamp is on, but most of the light is coming from an overhead PAR with a narrow spot lens focused down. I used a Tiffen pro-mist on #3 for giggles. The objective was to overexpose the film. Every shot is metered from the shadows at the edge of the light spread/curtains.

I just want to make sure the settings jive with the results. I don't understand the dissimilarity between 2 & 4.

35-105mm 3.5
    1. f.4 1/125 @ 400
    2. f.3.5 1/30 @ 320
    3. f.3.5 1/15 @ 200

50mm 1.4
    4. f.2 1/60 @ 320

1.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Twelve.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	273.3 KB 
ID:	723662.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thirteen.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	274.8 KB 
ID:	723673.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fourteen.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	261.9 KB 
ID:	723684.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fifteen.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	340.6 KB 
ID:	72369

Anyway, have a look and tell me what you think. I have a big project coming up and I want to make sure I know what I'm going for. If another test is necessary I will do it.

Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    Your meter reads all over the place. The brightness that it measures varying a lot.
    1. It indicate an LV 9
    2. it's LV 7
    3. is LV 6+2/3
    4. is LV 6+1/3
    Something is wrong with the FRE resistor both aperture and ISO.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Its service time.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin