Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,984   Posts: 1,523,914   Online: 996

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lens mount

Shooter
    35mm

lens mount

A few days ago I got a vemar 135 f2.8 lens. At the camera store it was marked as an m42 lens. I received the pentax OEM k to m42 adapter and the lens will not fit. The threading is wider then the M42. The only other markings by the mount is "MA." Any ideas on what it could be?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Miranda 44mm screw mount?

Shooter
    35mm
    It seems my "cousins" in Japan "screwed" that one! ;-)

Sorry for the bad joke! :-)
    My cameras:
    Fed 2
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

Shooter
    35mm
    There is a silver detachable mount where the lens attaches to the body. I wonder if those rings can be gotten on their own.

http://forum.mflenses.com/vemar-old-...-8-t38951.html

This link shows it more in detail
    Last edited by zackesch; 08-05-2013 at 04:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by zackesch View Post
    A few days ago I got a vemar 135 f2.8 lens. At the camera store it was marked as an m42 lens. I received the pentax OEM k to m42 adapter and the lens will not fit. The threading is wider then the M42. The only other markings by the mount is "MA." Any ideas on what it could be?
    The lens may be a T-mount lens. IIRC, the T [aka T2] mount is the same diameter as the M42, but the thread pitch is different [I think it's 1 mm for the M42, and 0.75 mm for the T2]

You may already have a T2 to K mount adapter if you have other pre-set or manual diaphragm lenses, slide copiers, etc.

Regards,
    Vince

Shooter
    35mm
    The diameter of the thread is larger then what it is on the m42 adapter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ruby.monkey View Post
    Miranda 44mm screw mount?
    +1

See here: http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-99.html
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    This lens will be heading back. In place of it, I ordered this lens http://www.ebay.com/itm/190879854100...84.m1423.l2649

This is my first time using a m42 lens so I was wondering is how will that pin be activated with pentax cameras. The adapter is the one from pentax.

Shooter
    35mm
    The lens will be fully manual on the m42 to K mount adapter, with stop down metering. Be sure to move the 'auto/manual' switch on the lens to 'manual' so the lens will stop down when you move the aperture ring.

Side note; the Vemar might not be a Miranda mount. I've seen some Vemar pre-set lenses that look like a T mount but had their own adapter system thread size.

Shooter
    35mm
    Sadly I parted ways with that beauty of a lens and in return, there is a 28 F2.8 on its way to replace it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin