Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,593   Online: 1098

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Ben,
    How about protection from a typical English shower? I had a Domke bag briefly (borrowed) and was concerned about water entering, not to speak about the lack of padding where you put the camera.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not a problem, Ricardo - neither issue. I've been carrying F3/MD4 in Domke F2 since the 1980's, including in English showers, with no such concerns.
    Last edited by BrianShaw; 08-10-2013 at 09:50 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo correction

Shooter
    35mm
    I am using a Naneau Pro bag at the moment. Lovely bag. Well padded & deep but found out the hard way that the metal work was weaker on the strap that I would have expected.

I had the buckles unbend on me as I was running down a railway platform with a F3 & MD4, an F5, around half a dozen lenses & a couple of flashes in it. The gear survived OK apart from a small dent in the F3 prism caused by something that was on top of it which was a relief.

Probably more a case of me overloading perhaps? I have replaced the broken buckles with carabina's from an army surplus shop & the bag has given years of further service.
    David.

NAS sufferer with far too much Nikon kit.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My original Domke F-2, loaded up with an F3P with MD-4, an FM2n with MD-12, and a bunch of lenses. Click on the pic to see exactly what was loaded up.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 50/1.4 AI, 80-200/4.5 AI, 85/1.8 K, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    Ben,
    How about protection from a typical English shower? I had a Domke bag briefly (borrowed) and was concerned about water entering, not to speak about the lack of padding where you put the camera.
    The cotton canvass has a waterproof treatment and cotton fibres swell when wet that helps to keep out normal rain showers, in torrential rain what I do is what Jim Domke recommends, carry a big black refuse bag and put it in and tie it up, or you can make a bag cover out of waterproof nylon if you want.You can buy additional inserts if you wish for the camera http://www.amazon.co.uk/Domke-FA-211...=domke+inserts but I prefer it without because it moulds to my body,and the contents of the end and front right hand pocket protect the camera from knocks. The F2 isn't meant to be bulletproof it's prime purpose is to be a shooters bag and I've found it the easiest bag to work from with it over my shoulder with 2 camera bodys and several lenses I've ever had. They do make a ballistic nylon version the J2 which is more waterproof, but it's only available in black, I prefer the natural feel of the breathable heavy cotton canvass. Domke bags unfortunately cost about twice the price in the U.K they do the U.S.A, but beware of cheap fakes from the Far East on auction sites the market is flooded with them http://www.domkebags.co.uk/registerYourDomke.php
    Last edited by benjiboy; 08-10-2013 at 06:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Brian and Ben! Appreciated your comments and advice.
    Last edited by Ricardo Miranda; 08-10-2013 at 07:17 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    A bunch of Nikons

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks
    I'm not a fan of the lack of padding on the Domke, and the one floating around my house has an insert where the foam completely melted
    Cannot afford a Billingham...

I wish Tenba was still around (old, classic, Made in Brooklyn, Tenba)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is always Tamrac - made in the USA (unless one buys a model with a 4-digit model number, which is made in China I believe).

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    Billingham 335 and you'll never need to buy another bag ever. Just don't get an heart failure when you see the price: £300 in the UK. It is worth every penny.
    Domke F2 and you'll never need to buy another bag ever (you won't need to, but you'll be buying them anyway ). Get four for the price of one Billingham--or a dozen if you factor in the cost of heart medication.

Now that, of course, only if you care for "that look"--

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3034149...7C30341494@N07

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilk View Post
    Domke F2 and you'll never need to buy another bag ever (you won't need to, but you'll be buying them anyway ). Get four for the price of one Billingham--or a dozen if you factor in the cost of heart medication.

Now that, of course, only if you care for "that look"--

LOL
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    A bunch of Nikons

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin