Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,672   Posts: 1,481,823   Online: 1141

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is the modern equivalent of my old Tamrac bag. Two F3HPs with md4s. Two F4Ss and five or six additional lenses/adapters. I used to carry my F4S along with an Vivitar 283, film, batteries, 3 lenses and an FM2 with three lenses. Never have had a problem with that bag. Rain, snow, sleet, etc.

http://www.tamrac.com/products/pro12/
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Art, this is probably your bag in actuality. The 612.

http://www.tamrac.com/products/prosystem12/

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F FTn, FM2n, Nikomat FT2x2 - all blk bodies
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (for DPUG), 28/3.5 H, 35/2 O, 35-135/3.5-4.5 AF, 50/1.4 S, 50/1.4 SC, 50/2 AI, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS

My FB - My flickr stream

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think you're right on that one John. I haven't purchased one since the late 80s and since it's still going strong don't intend to but it used to be a terrific price-performer.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtO View Post
    This is the modern equivalent of my old Tamrac bag. Two F3HPs with md4s. Two F4Ss and five or six additional lenses/adapters. I used to carry my F4S along with an Vivitar 283, film, batteries, 3 lenses and an FM2 with three lenses. Never have had a problem with that bag. Rain, snow, sleet, etc.

http://www.tamrac.com/products/pro12/
    How much does that lot weigh ?, I carry 2 Canon F1's,three lenses and a lightmeter in a Domke F2 bag, and it's about the maximum I can carry and still be in a physical state to use them when I get to the location without being exhausted.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    The 612 is 5lb 5oz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tenba 595 Pro

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by GarageBoy View Post
    The 612 is 5lb 5oz
    The bags empty weight isn't as relevant as it's loaded weight (unless you want to carry an empty bag) and the Domke F2 empty is 2lb 3oz, lighter which can make a big difference if you have to lug it about all day, which is why I prefer it to my Billingham 335, which is more padded, and more waterproof, but with the same equipment in it is nearly twice as heavy.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Perhaps you should take a look at the Retrospective 10 made by Think Tank. The bag is very well made, its inner pockets are well organized, it is weather-proof and comes with a rain cover and does not look like a camera bag. It is almost the same size as the Domke F-3X. Although not mentioned a lot, I believe a big plus in favour of the Domke bags is that they are washable. Very few other bags can boast of something close to that. The Domke is very well made, too. The F-3X is mainly a shoulder bag - it stays on the shoulder without slipping but is rather uncomfortable to carry across the body. There are times when carrying the bag across is recommended. But, of course, this is a matter of personal taste. One final point I would like to make is that you should be able to take things in and out of the bag easily while it is on your shoulder. With some good looking and expensive bags taking thing in and out of them while they are still on the shoulder can be a hassle. So, I would say, whenever possible, you should try the bag before deciding to buy it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks
    I was actually hoping of finding a small padded insert that would hold it inside my main messenger bag
    I prefer across the body because things are always slipping off my shoulders or ripping the shirts off of me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin