Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,909   Posts: 1,584,656   Online: 833

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Nikon F3/MD4 combo- what camera bag?

I know this is a popular combo (F3/MD4) but I can't seem to get a camera bag that it fits into. Suggestions?
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Camera bag

I have a Tamrac Superlight 48 that I used to use for my F3 and winder (but is now holding my Mamiya TLR). It is very deep, but may not have as much padding as you would like. Not sure that they make this model any more, but similar models should also work.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by GarageBoy View Post
    I know this is a popular combo (F3/MD4) but I can't seem to get a camera bag that it fits into. Suggestions?
    Thanks
    With few lenses, Domke F3X, with more lenses F2. Mind the padding or lack of it.
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Many of the Domkes can handle the F3/MD4 with no problem. Domke F2 can fit 2 bodies/motors with 4-5 lenses, flash and a lot of film; the F6 is a bit smaller - maybe 1 F3/MD4 plus FE or FM body and 3-4 smaller lenses. They don't have much padding except on the bottom, but the canvas is heavy and they tend to mold to the shape of your hip over time. I've never cared for the metal clasps on the flap, but they are very secure when latched and make it difficult for someone to easily reach into your bag on a crowded sidewalk.

Shooter
    35mm
    My Domke F-4AF Pro camera bag nicely accommodates my Nikon F3HP with a 35-70mm f/2.8D lens attached. Their are two compartments in the main bag still available for additional lenses, flash, etc.

http://www.tiffen.com/displayproduct...temnum=700-40B

Jim

Shooter
    35mm
    Billingham 335 and you'll never need to buy another bag ever. Just don't get an heart failure when you see the price: £300 in the UK. It is worth every penny.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1 MD, OM-1N, OM-2N, OM-2SP, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons
    Ferrania backer

Shooter
    35mm

Another Domke vote...

I usually have my F3 with MD4, and several lenses, in a Domke F3x that has many thousands of miles on it. It's a great bag. Sometimes I use a Domke 803 satchel with inserts, but that means taking the lens off to stow the camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got a large Tamrac - don't remember the model name but it will hold two F3HPs and 5 or six extra lenses. Mine is from the 80s and is still in great shape.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another vote for the Domke F2. I carry (typically) an F6 (or F5) and an F3HP/MD4-MK1 (or an F2AS/MD2) and four or five lenses in mine (along with a couple of rolls of film and, on occasion, a selection of filters). These bags are well- padded and well-constructed (mine is a decade-and-a-half old and still looks pretty good...all things considered). Of course, on the other hand, if you have too much disposable income, you could always check into a Billingham ( the equivalent to the F2 - size-wise - will run you around $500 and change, with shipping).
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    Billingham 335 and you'll never need to buy another bag ever. Just don't get an heart failure when you see the price: £300 in the UK. It is worth every penny.
    I have had a Billingham 335 for about 25 years, and I also have a Domke F 2 , with the same gear in each the Domke is about half the weight.
    Ben

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin