Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,035   Online: 971

Shooter
    Medium Format

Chararistics of a light leak? Door or film canister?

Hey guys,

Most of you know that I have an Nikon FE that I shoot with. I noticed this past wekend when I developed some film that I noriced a little some frames that some very slight light exposure. Whats the chararistics of a light contamination due to camera or failing film canister? I should mention too that it doesn't happen all the way throught the roll.Any help would be good. I examined the the way the door shuts on FE anf the is a little ledge that goes between a channal on the camera body. No foam for light baffle.

ToddB

Shooter
    35mm
    I think there should be foam in the channel around the door. I have re-done seals on two FEs, and I'm sure I removed foam from top and bottom channels, together with some at each end. I used a pre-cut kit to replace it. The exact location of the light marks on the negatives should help identify the problem. Alex

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Light leak from the camera will usually be in the same place on each negative. If the light leak is in the cassette then, because the film is in a roll, the light leak will be in a slightly different place on each negative.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey P, from what you discribed.. it's the canister.. Thanks. In the trash it goes.

Todd

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin