Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,711   Posts: 1,548,657   Online: 1145

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

robot star IIa - cassettes?

I just bought one of these and have no idea if it is coming with the cassettes. I am figuring it is not, so I am trying to find some.

I have a copy of the manual (in english) and have looked everywhere for info on what exact cassettes I need.

The problem is the manual does not refer to the cassettes by model number, just take up, feed, and cradle - and I guess the different models all have different cassettes for each.

I "think" I need a type N take up cassette, a type T feed cassette and/or the cradle for regular 35mm canisters?

I would prefer to find a cradle cassette so I could use regular 35mm canisters.

I looked around and found cradle cassettes for IIa, but the listing says it is a cradle to hold the regular T and N cassettes - which makes me wonder if I need a cradle to hold even the T cassette?

Any info at all would be appreciated, where I could find better information, or if anyone knows someone who has these for sale in the US.

THANKS.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	244.9 KB 
ID:	72771
    steve barry
    my stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I said "robot star IIa" because I am not sure exactly what model camera this is. I think the Robot IIa did not have the neck strap lugs that this camera has. I think the neck strap lugs started with the star? But then I think all the Stars had a rewind knob?

This camera has lugs and no rewind knob. So who knows I guess maybe it is a IIa with lugs :?$#?!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	05.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	324.9 KB 
ID:	72772
    steve barry
    my stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am pretty sure it is a IIa with a serial number starting with a C. So I have the correct manual.

Any ideas on cassettes?
    steve barry
    my stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK I found an Italian site, and am reasonably sure a standard 35mm canister will fit by itself in the Robot IIa. Which leaves me needing an "N" cassette for take up.

Does anyone know if that is the case? 87 views and no one knows?
    steve barry
    my stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    87 views and no one knows?

Gosh, give 'em a break - it was a pretty obscure camera even back in the day.

I used a Robot Star, which I THINK was a II, way back when. I THINK it took regular 35mm film cassettes, only needing the special one for the takeup side. But that was beyond 40 years ago, so memories are pretty iffy.

Hopefully it has a cassette in it, it's sort of pointless to sell the camera without one (assuming my memory is right).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    HA. thanks Mr Bill.
    steve barry
    my stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ask TomA over on Rff. Bet he knows.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin