Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,957   Online: 1105

Shooter
    35mm

Nikon FM10 lens compatibility

Hi sorry, I've done some research but I feel like I feel like I'm getting conflicting information and details that aren't specific to my particular camera.

Can someone please confirm, will the Nikon 50mm f1.8 E lens fit on the Nikon FM10 lens mount?
    I believe the answer is no but can someone please confirm, as the E lens DOES function on the older Nikon FM model.

Thanks so much.

Shirin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It can and it will. It is the same mount.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks so much mate.
    I was starting to worry.

Best wishes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The "Series E" model is just a "Economy" model Nikon produced for the EM camera body. (AFAIK). Since it's a Nikon F mount and the FM10 meters with all non-CPU / manual focus lenses, you should have full compatiability.

Shooter
    35mm
    Series E lenses all have AI-s functionality - I'm using a 50 mm f/1.8 Series E with my FA, and I used it with a Vivitar macro-focusing TC on my D7000 as well.

The only FM10 lens limitations are non-AI [pre-1977 lenses that are not AI-converted], and AF-G series lenses that have no aperture rings. AF, AF-D and AF-S lenses, all of which have aperture rings can also be used, since their aperture rings can be unlocked and set to any available f-stop and they can be focused manually. The FM10 has no interface contacts for lens CPUs in its mount, and the CPU contacts will not touch nor interfere with anything on the FM10 body [nor, for that matter, on any MF Nikon/Nikkormat/Nikomat body]. Focusing rings on some of the lower-level primes and zooms may be inconvenient, but they're still usable.

Thanks and regards,
    Vince

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin