Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,682   Posts: 1,548,519   Online: 865

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by momus View Post
    ........Unfortunate that there's no metering w/ the R lens, but I'm used to hand held metering. When I get my FD SC 135 2.5 lens I'll have metering........
    I guess you didn't see my earlier post. You can meter with "R" lens attached to your F-1, but it will be stopped-down metering, not full aperture metering, like you get with a FD lens. With a battery installed, turn on the camera's meter and set your desired shutter speed. Then turn the secondary aperture ring on your "R" lens (there are two aperture rings) and, as the viewfinder darkens, the meter needle along the right side of the viewfinder will move up or down. When this needle intersects the black index mark, whatever you're photographing has been properly metered and you can now press the shutter button.

Not the most convenient way of metering, but it does work.

Jim B.

Shooter
    35mm
    The Canon F1 I had at one point pinged. Never had an issue though

Shooter
    35mm
    Some metal bodied cameras tend to resonate and amplify the shutter sound. I've had it on Nikons, Canons, Yashica, etc. Pro models like the F1 seem to do it less because of better damping but none are completely immune, although I never recall my OM1 pinging. Some audibly ring for a few seconds afterwards, which can be irritating. Plastic bodied cameras are less prone, generally speaking, to the dreaded ding. My theory is the pressure plate acts as sounding board for the stop down lever or mirror mechanism. Film tension damps the springs in the plate, reducing resonance. If it's any consolation, some rangefinders are equally subject to shutter ring.

Shooter
    35mm
    Mine pings, haven't had an issues though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin