Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,705   Posts: 1,548,484   Online: 852

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looking at various sites for a used one, it appears the backs are often in ugly condition, claimed to be typical of the camera. Is this true, and presumably only cosmetic?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think the rubber coating of the plastic tends to come off, especially from the back. It does make them look horrible but in no way affects their function.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nikon had a known problem with the backs and replaced them under warranty when they were new if the back rubber started to peel. I believe the newer backs were far better than the old ones, but I'm not positive about it.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    very common issue with the 90's. take the back door off, work it for 30 minutes with rubbing alcohol and its no longer sticky. not as shiny, but very functional.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've got an F80 and I use it regularly. Mine has sticky rubber on the grip and back too. I just put up with it.
    If you have time, please check out my photoblog monkeybrainsushi.wordpress.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin