Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,719   Posts: 1,514,892   Online: 1049

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Need a source for

I'm looking for a Canon P top plate machine screw. If anyone has an extra, or knows of a source, I would appreciate that. I have attached a pic of the top plate right end. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Gerry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails missing web.jpg  

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Go to a flea market or camera shop and look for cheap non working cameras that have similar screws or try clockmacker suppliers found this one on the net http://www.perrinwatchparts.com/cat_...ck_screws.aspx

Good luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can you measure the head diameter, thread diameter & length of another top cover screw?
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John,
    The dimensions are approx, but close. Body dia 2mm, head dia 3.5mm, length 4mm, shoulder dia 3mm, shoulder length 1mm. I have attached a photo of the existing screw. Click for enlargement.
    I took a screw from the acc. shoe of the Canon meter. It is the proper dia & thread pitch, but it is too long, no shoulder and the head is too tall.

Thanks,

Gerry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Top plate screw web.jpg  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have a few extra screws, as well as covers or other parts. PM me with what you need, and your address.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin