Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,759   Online: 944

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I've had my 35mm f1/4 for about 5 months now. It's the Nikkor-N version and had a bit of yellow due to the thorium decay but I was able to reduce the effect with a UV light. I am very happy with it and it is pretty much my standard lens now. It loses a good bit of contrast wide open and it's lost about a half stop of transmission due to yellowing but it is probably my single favorite lens just due to the character of the shots. Here are a few galleries with shots using the lens:

http://www.lamarlamb.com/On-Film/Fil...9660&k=BrKcr4D

http://www.lamarlamb.com/On-Film/Fil...3981&k=qJ4W9Rn

http://www.lamarlamb.com/On-Film/Fil...3570&k=nhJhmKf

http://www.lamarlamb.com/On-Film/Fil...9826&k=VBTssCW

http://www.lamarlamb.com/On-Film/Fil...1057&k=S28vL9p

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks everyone!

Shooter
    35mm
    I liked the pictures it made but didn't like it's size and weight. That tells you more about me than the lens, I think, but if you like travelling light perhaps try one in a shop if possible.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Any fans of this lens? How well does it perform? Excellent or merely good?
    It's a very good lens, but I didn't find it enough better than the 35/2 Nikkor-O to make it worth spending the extra cash and toting the extra weight. The one I used was an early one like Clayne's, the later MC versions (marked "Nikkor N-C" and later) are better flare-wise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Has its flaws mainly it is heavy! And if you are going to use it most of the time at 5.6 or f8, or f11 don't bother with it.
    I made hundreds of published images with one. Easy to focus. I hate focusing f2.8 wides.
    Just glanced up at a Cibachrome and a nice B+W made (with one) decades ago hanging on my wall right now.
    Purdue University provided me with one back in the 1990's.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Still awaiting frames of uncontrollable flare and ghosting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good lens, I had one for a little while. I had the ais version, the version right before the latest model, which I think is still being made by Nikon today. I just don't use the 35mm focal length too much. On my nikons I prefer my 28mm f2. Nice solid lenses all around, but it's really amazing to compare it to something like the CV 35mm 1.4 which is just tiny and just as sharp or even sharper. Still kinda blows my mind when you have them side by side.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingWaves View Post
    Still awaiting frames of uncontrollable flare and ghosting.
    I am not going to dig out negatives,,, but I do recall that over-exosed/ over ratio background would reduce contrast of what was exposed correctly.

Nikon, Leica, Canon, super aperture lenses all have these issues. It has been spoken of long before the internet, trust us on this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    One is built for and SLR the other not... it doesn't have to "act like a 35mm" with the elements clearing a mirror.

see quoted below... sorry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    Good lens, I had one for a little while. I had the ais version, the version right before the latest model, which I think is still being made by Nikon today. I just don't use the 35mm focal length too much. On my nikons I prefer my 28mm f2. Nice solid lenses all around, but it's really amazing to compare it to something like the CV 35mm 1.4 which is just tiny and just as sharp or even sharper. Still kinda blows my mind when you have them side by side.
    One is built for and SLR the other not... it doesn't have to "act like a 35mm" with the elements clearing a mirror.

Sorry for other posting without the quote.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin