Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,674   Posts: 1,481,900   Online: 1114

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Nikon lenses are good, but with regards to comparison of Nikon v Leitz, everybody knows that Leitz lenses are made from elements only obtainable from the centre of the earth. These elements are then hand crafted in platinum crucibles by Peruvian virgins under water and then hand ground by a recluse order of Carthusian monks over many years. When finished if put on a table with a Nikon lens, the Nikon lens will try to roll off in an attempt to commit suicide. Thus is the superior quality of the Leitz lens.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Nikon lenses are good, but with regards to comparison of Nikon v Leitz, everybody knows that Leitz lenses are made from elements only obtainable from the centre of the earth. These elements are then hand crafted in platinum crucibles by Peruvian virgins under water and then hand ground by a recluse order of Carthusian monks over many years. When finished if put on a table with a Nikon lens, the Nikon lens will try to roll off in an attempt to commit suicide. Thus is the superior quality of the Leitz lens.
    When I get better than my Nikon lenses ...
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    I loved it at F2 on down but I had a hard time with it at 1.4 either due to focus or it being somewhat soft or both. I now have the 35mm 1.4G and that lens flat out blows it away, it's on par with my former 35mm 1.4 love, the Leica 35mm 1.4 Aspheric. Too bad the G version is such a big lens, I feel like I could fit the AIS version inside it...

In my experience, I buy 1.4 lenses to shoot them at 1.4 and I could rarely do that with any degree of satisfaction with the 35mm 1.4 AIS. I even find it easier to hit focus manually with the G than the AIS, it's that sharp wide open.

I have no doubt that the G lens would be much better. But I can't use G lenses on an FM2 nor do I want to pay that price. My main interest is in manual focus lenses so that is why I look at this lens as well as the Zeiss 35mm f/2 one.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    From 85 to 90 I had a lux and Nikon 35 /1.4 as normal lenses. The Nikon was a normal lens the lux flared and misbehaved I always used a hood on both and both were like new from box.
    But you only use fast cause you might need to use fast.
    Today I use a /2.5 cause Im in a coffee shop 2 hours before sunset, eating muffins.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Absolutely awesome.

It has it's flaws (barrel distortion) but it's charm well outweighs that. I have one pretty much welded to my F, albeit its the original Nikkor-N Auto 9-bladed version (which is about 40 years old now). Various shots on my Flickr stream with it.

Antha by kediwah, Neopan 1600, XTOL 1+1
    Hey I really like that picture! It is sooo beautiful!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin