Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,706   Online: 881

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    Nikon F80 (N80) is my advice with a Nikon. I believe it to be smaller. I think Tony (TPPhotog) has one. Ask him for more details.
    Nicole
    I have a Nikon F80 (N80-US) and I am very happy with it. The body is quite small and light, too small for me so I have the MD16 battery pack on it which makes it a lot heavier. Just bought the wife a F55 for her snaps (and a back up for me ) which is even lighter but a bit noisier too.

The F80 seems to have everything in the right place and does way more than I will ever need. Spot metering comes in handy as well

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole McGrade
    * Small for ladies
    * Quiet shutter that doesn't 'CLANK' everytime you trip the shutter
    * Very small and very sharp spotmeter in the viewfinder - as it's usually the only type of metering system I use. I do have a good hand-held meter as well if necessary.

I would love to know which cameras are your favourites and why?

Thank you for sharing.
    Kind regards,
    Nicole
    My favourite camera is a Ricoh XR-M. Getting long in the tooth now I suppose (I bought my new in 1988) but it meets your requirements.

I use it in spot metering mode for calculating exposure for my MF activities using the SQa.

Graham

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Most important requirements:
    * Small for ladies
    * Quiet shutter that doesn't 'CLANK' everytime you trip the shutter
    * Very small and very sharp spotmeter in the viewfinder - as it's usually the only type of metering system I use. I do have a good hand-held meter as well if necessary.

If you didn't have a Nikon, it would have to be the OM3 or 4T. Small, quiet, unique killer multispot meter still unmatched by anyone else, some killer lenses still unmatched by anyone else, real-time autoexposure (in the 4T -- actually, as early as the 2) years ahead of anyone else, macro capability seldom matched by anyone else, too bad they're out of production. Actually, I'd go for an OM1: it only has a center-weighted meter, but has a jewel-like feel the later cameras lack.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    f80 and/or fm3a. They are both great cameras. The f80 has awesome metering on it's "program" setting, the fm3a is just a joy to use, and uses all the ais lenses. Both have been 100 per cent reliable.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess I'll be an Olympus OM man until I die. I just picked up an absolutely beautiful new-to-me OM-1n this afternoon. How many OM's do I need? The world may never know...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've been thinking of replacing my Nikon too, this thread is great to see. I think I will pop downtown and see how an N80 feels.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Over the years I have worn out 35 mm cameras from all but one brand, "Nikon"
    If you have existing equipment, meaning other Nikon lenses, stay with Nikon!
    Everybody has their favorites and will tout their merits, but by all that is carved into stone, you cannot buy a better system than Nikon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nicole
    If You don't want to stay with Nikon you might wanna take a look at Pentax MZ5n.
    It's in "retrostyle" but small light and more quiet than the F90X. Personally I don't like it as much as my Nikon But Karina loves it, quite lucky since it's her camera
    As for the Pentax lenses, I don't know much about them.
    Regards søren

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oriecat
    I've been thinking of replacing my Nikon too, this thread is great to see. I think I will pop downtown and see how an N80 feels.
    Let me know how you get on, orie.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren
    Nicole
    If You don't want to stay with Nikon you might wanna take a look at Pentax MZ5n.
    It's in "retrostyle" but small light and more quiet than the F90X. Personally I don't like it as much as my Nikon But Karina loves it, quite lucky since it's her camera
    As for the Pentax lenses, I don't know much about them.
    Regards søren
    Pentax lenses are good, some great. I have an Mz5n too - I believe it has a slightly different name in the USA? - and it's a great little camera (for an SLR).

One of the things that attracted me to this camera is the fact that it can use ANY pentax lens. You can even get a "manual autofocus" if you should wish, with the camera on AF it will trip the shutter when it's sharp. But you have to turn the focus ring yourself... Or put the camea on MF, and use it fully manual.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin