Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,769   Posts: 1,516,492   Online: 800

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnArs
    Hi Nicole

Nikon F80 would fit the bill, small and light its the only upper class Nikon for ladys! But I don't know the name in US and down under!
    Or if you really not like a little klack of the mirror then take a Leica M6 or M7
    That'd be the N80 in the states and I believe in Oz as well.
    robertaugust

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For me the OM system is wonderful. I purchased my first OM1 in the seventies and it is still working fine. It is the most wonderful feeling camera [Leica like ] and the lenses are awesome. The 100/2.8 is a sensational portrait lens.

I confess to having too many OM bodies but really how many is too many.

My vote OM - Olympus.
    Last edited by chiller; 02-14-2005 at 04:54 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've tried a number of systems but in the end I've come back to the pair of Olympus OM-1's I purchased in the 70's. I like them so much I'm sending both out for overhaul so they'll continue to be good shooters for many more years.

Gene

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another vote for OM here, along with my friends Bill Barber and Gene Wilburn. For spot meter capability, the OM3 and OM4 are the options. Mind you, I've never had either (yet), but have had several OM1 and OM2 bodies (both plain and "n" models), and am a diehard Zuikoholic. Since I also shoot large format (and used to shoot unmetered Rollei SL66), I also had a spot meter, so didn't feel that I really "needed" an OM3 or OM4. But as Bill and Gene will tell you, "need" has very little to do with Zuikoholism. Be prepared to pay a good buck for an EX or better OM4t, and get a second mortgage for an OM3t.

Earl
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I rarely shoot 35mm any more - but when I do, it's with my Contax G2.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My favourite is the one I own, Nikon F100!
    As for the alternative, I`m searching for one Nikon S2 Black in good condition, so far, no luck!

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Juba
    My favourite is the one I own, Nikon F100!
    As for the alternative, I`m searching for one Nikon S2 Black in good condition, so far, no luck!

Cheers

André

I also shoot an F100 that I absolutely LOVE, though i did get to demo the F6 for a weekend, and lets just say I want one, but for the price...
    --Ryan

"The negative is the equivalent of the composer's score, and the print the performance." ~Ansel Adams

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I picked up two N80's only because their light, have great metering and most of all were cheap. I keep a 24mm on one and a short zoom on the other for walk abouts. I do find quite often that I keep reaching for my FTBn for alot of my 35mm flower and landscape work because of the mirror lockup and their indestructible nature. I also love the sound they make. The prices are very fair, except strangely for some of the lenses. The metering isn't spot, but I've never had a problem and I do use a handheld sometimes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My current favorite is my Contax G1. I picked this up for business travel (when I have so little time to shoot that I wanted an auto-almost-everything camera that I could over-ride easily)...but I've found that it's just a blast to work with. It's small, built like a tank, and is fairly discreet. (I've noticed that, although the camera seems loud to me, it never bothers those I'm shooting.)

Plus the lenses are incredible, and quite a bargain given the current prices. I'll probably add a G2 body in the future. (This is the equipment junkie in me...what started as a simple body + normal lens has become a body and three lenses, and will become two bodies, three lenses, and a flash in the near future. I guess I should be thankful that there's not more to this system, as eventually I'll probably end up buying one of everything.)

My other current favorite "point-and-shoot" is a Crown Graphic with a Graphmatic back. I'm just learning what this one is capable of, and I'm mighty impressed. With a Metz potato-masher, it's almost as easy to work with as the Contax. Not nearly as discreet, though!
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Favorite 35mm is my Nikon FM. What I take out to bang around with or travel to unfriendly parts is an old Fujica STX-1. Both have decent glass available in many focal lengths.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin