Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,371   Online: 1001

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    When I first started, I used loupe and an iPad app designed for dentists to use to view their X-ray negs. At $.99, it was a bargain. Now I have a plate of opaque (white) glass that I had cut at the hardware store. Sealed the edges with electrician's tape so I wouldn't kill myself, and I swap out the safe light glass and use it as a light box. Again, at less than $6, a bargain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You can get by with zero money if you wish. Set your computer to google's home page, tape the edge of the negative strip to the top edge of your monitor, and use a 50mm lens for a loupe. Or use a window w/ mid afternoon sun and said camera lens. Some people, including me, have a bit of difficulty w/ these methods because, one, getting my mind to grasp the fact that white is black and black is white on a print (vs the neg) has resulted in some surprises, and two, those negs are awfully tiny. So w/ 35mm, but not w/ anything bigger, I like to s*an them and see what's up. I no longer shoot anything but 35mm now, so perhaps w/ time and practice I can get the hang of viewing the negs and making a print decision. Perhaps.
    Last edited by momus; 12-08-2013 at 04:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin