Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,919   Posts: 1,556,434   Online: 1193

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for replying. Yes I'm quoting the manual I guess they meant it needs to be replaced. It's strange cause the arrow goes really down as it should when it's too bright and vice versa though. However I don't know if it is displaying expo accurately.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruger View Post
    Please if any one could help me figure out why the BC says its serviceable even though the metering seems to work. I didn't try a gray card and all but when I look at bright light or sun it goes down as it should etc. I also put a little 1mm or 2mm aluminum (thin foil) pad on the +side before closing the compartment. Didn't seem to make any changes. Thanks !
    The battery check reads OK because the cell is the correct voltage, period. The circuitry does not know it's a makeshift as far as size goes. As for placement of a washer or pad, see my post above where I explain this. 1.5 volts cannot electrocute you!

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for your reply. When the needle is on the square it doesn't mean it's ok it means it needs to be replaced. That what they say in the manual.
    When I mentioned electrocution I was more worried about a shock that could damage the camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for your reply. When the needle is on the square it doesn't mean it's ok it means it needs to be replaced. That what they say in the manual.
    When I mentioned electrocution I was more worried about a shock that could damage the camera.
    The manual says that the needle going into the square means the battery is good. http://www.cameramanuals.org/minolta...00_201_202.pdf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Please if any one could help me figure out why the BC says its serviceable even though the metering seems to work. I didn't try a gray card and all but when I look at bright light or sun it goes down as it should etc. I also put a little 1mm or 2mm aluminum (thin foil) pad on the +side before closing the compartment. Didn't seem to make any changes. Thanks !
    Aha. Now I think it makes sense.
    Kruger, "seviceable" means able to give service, useable, able to perform the task at hand - powering the camera's meter - or in other words, good.
    I think you took it to mean something like "requiring service" as in maintenence, repair, replacement.

Shooter
    35mm
    Any help ?
    use Sunny 16 for the rest of the trip?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I seem to have luck doing it the lazy way. I drop the hearing aid battery in and screw the cap on. Bingo! No adapters, O-rings, etc.

According to my Minolta autometer IVf the SRT cameras are dead on.

I did have a problem on one SRT where the battery cap will screw in so much it interferes with winding to the next frame. Backed it off a half turn and everything is working good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Spend a few dollars on this adapter for the 675 batteries:

http://www.paulbg.com/Nikon_F_meter_batteries.htm

Works great on my SRT201 and other cameras that used theold mercury batteries.

Shooter
    35mm
    Or you could purchase the #675 adapter I've made for years and support an APUG member at the same time: http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-111.html (you can see it midway down on my friend Rick Oleson's page). Unlike the slip-on washer approach, mine will place the zinc-air cell at the proper height every time. It is still $14 and that includes free shipping to anywhere and a lifetime guarantee. A small 100% neoprene ring keeps the cell centered in the adapter and the design prevents any damage to your camera from a malfunction of the zinc-air cell. Also, unlike the adapter mentioned above, mine is guaranteed to be infinitely stackable (try to stack Wein cells or the battery adapter above...you'll discover the top cell will be intermittent at best and may not work at all).
    Please email me at jon_goodman@yahoo.com if you're interested.
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Goodman View Post
    Or you could purchase the #675 adapter I've made for years and support an APUG member at the same time: http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-111.html (you can see it midway down on my friend Rick Oleson's page). Unlike the slip-on washer approach, mine will place the zinc-air cell at the proper height every time. It is still $14 and that includes free shipping to anywhere and a lifetime guarantee. A small 100% neoprene ring keeps the cell centered in the adapter and the design prevents any damage to your camera from a malfunction of the zinc-air cell. Also, unlike the adapter mentioned above, mine is guaranteed to be infinitely stackable (try to stack Wein cells or the battery adapter above...you'll discover the top cell will be intermittent at best and may not work at all).
    Please email me at jon_goodman@yahoo.com if you're interested.
    Jon
    Jon's adapter works really well, and the #675 hearing aid batteries are incredibly inexpensive.

And the bonus? You get to deal with Jon.

Just a satisfied customer here.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin