Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,534   Online: 1085

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Unfortunately it seems the autoexposure only cameras - like the XG-A, are not appreciated much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    There's a Canon FD guy, a Konica guy, an Olympus guy, a Pentax guy, but alas, no Minolta guy.

I know who the Pentax and Nikon F2 guys are, but who are the Canon FD and Olympus guys?
    Bill

Pentax 645, Pentax 6X7MLU, and many Nikons-F2 Photomic F2AS FM2N N2000 N6000 N6006 Nikomat FTN

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    Unfortunately it seems the autoexposure only cameras - like the XG-A, are not appreciated much.
    You mean like the Nikon EM and Pentax ME? Yeah, I don't care for those either.
    Bill

Pentax 645, Pentax 6X7MLU, and many Nikons-F2 Photomic F2AS FM2N N2000 N6000 N6006 Nikomat FTN

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by f/16 View Post
    I know who the Pentax and Nikon F2 guys are, but who are the Canon FD and Olympus guys?
    The Olympus guy is John Hermanson Camtech Photo Services who did a great job on my Olympus FT.

I may have heard - but have not yet used, that John Titterington may be a Minolta guy although I am not sure if he works on XD-11 specifically. His website is Camera Tips.
    Another that I have seen - but alson have not used, is Garry's Camera Repair.
    Of course we all KEH when we're buying cameras but they also have a repair center that I have not yet used either.

Shooter
    35mm
    You mean like the Nikon EM and Pentax ME? Yeah, I don't care for those either.
    But in between the EM and the FG-20 Nikon put out an underrated FG with a great feature set including full manual and TTL too.

They all pretty much made a fully automatic SLR that performed very well for the P&S crowd. I mean I keep my Olympus Epic because it's a great full auto P&S that is actually pocketable.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have used Garry's Camera (www.garryscamera.com) for CLAs of my Minolta bodies (including an XD-11), and was very happy with his work, but he hasn't had to do any repairs.

I've seen John Titterington (JTCamera@aol.com) highly recommended for Minolta manual focus repairs. He is also an ebay seller.

Go into the Flickr Minolta Manual Focus group and ask the question. There is a member of that group who others have recommended highly for repairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    + for John Titterington, very good communication, fast turn around

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm thinking of getting a XD-11, but want to be sure and get a model that parts are still available for and if there's a good shop in the USA that can work on it if it needs anything.
    Drop an e-mail to MCR.com Midwest Camera Repair http://www.midwestcamera.com/classic.html

OR check out this manufacturer notice at http://ca.konicaminolta.com/

Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin