Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,451   Posts: 1,570,221   Online: 1132

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Woho in the USA repairs Minolta MF bodies?

I'm thinking of getting a XD-11, but want to be sure and get a model that parts are still available for and if there's a good shop in the USA that can work on it if it needs anything.
    Bill

Pentax 645, Pentax 6X7MLU, and many Nikons-F2 Photomic F2AS FM2N N2000 N6000 N6006 Nikomat FTN

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you want something that most people can work on, you should probably stick with an SRT-101. While the XE-7 and XD-11 are nice cameras (and fairly solid), if they develop any electronic issues you're SOL.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm
    There's a Canon FD guy, a Konica guy, an Olympus guy, a Pentax guy, but alas, no Minolta guy. You might be able to get service from a smaller repair shop but if anything really went wrong, you'd be better off getting a new one.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    There's a Canon FD guy, a Konica guy, an Olympus guy, a Pentax guy, but alas, no Minolta guy. You might be able to get service from a smaller repair shop but if anything really went wrong, you'd be better off getting a new one.
    Where can I get a new XD-11?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Sarile View Post
    Where can I get a new XD-11?
    From under some dead guy's bed in NYC. He bought hundreds of 'em and never used any.

Or you can get a "new" one from eBay. As in, new to you, replacing a defective or dead one. It's not rocket science.

In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Of course buying another is no guarantee of getting a better version. I am of the opinion that if it is a "worthy" camera then it would be worthwhile renewing it.

In any case I too am interested to know who is the goto Minolta guy or gal.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've got an XGA just going to waste. I googled an an XD11 and it looks pretty much the same--junk. Not worth working on. A STR101 would be better; that is if you like Minoltas. Personally, I don't care for any of them. But I can work on them. Outside of a Pentax ES or Nikkormat EL, electronic cameras are something that doesn't inspire hope in repairing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    Or you can get a "new" one from eBay. As in, new to you, replacing a defective or dead one. It's not rocket science.

I think you're thinking of the ****RARE**** cameras.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    A STR101 would be better; that is if you like Minoltas. Personally, I don't care for any of them.
    Some of us do care hence the title of the thread . . . Minolta MF bodies.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Well, like I said, I can work on the SRT's, but am not a trained tech. I thought about taking this XGA to a mall and standing there trying to give it away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin