Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,502   Online: 1049

Shooter
    35mm

Adapter for a Topcon/Exakta lens to Olympus OM Film Camera

Would anyone happen to know if there is a Topcon/Exakta to Olympus OM lens adapter?

There seem to be loads for the modern digital cameras, but I have been unable to find any which I can use on my OM-1n film camera.

Thanks.

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry, don't have a definitive answer. Though I did enquire one time about using Exakta lenses on a Pentax, and apparently it's not only a matter of an adaptor for one fitting to another (fairly easy to machine), but there must be the right distance between the lens and the film to still focus correctly. This back-focus varies from one make to another so sometimes it's just not possible for it to work to still focus normally. (Many Exakta lenses also have the unusual side shutter release and stop-down mechanism).

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks. Yep, I thought it would be along shot.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Can't do it and still focus to infinity - the Exakta mount has a shorter flange focal distance:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_mount

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin