Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,792   Online: 695

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    First you must specify a design for what type of light meter? Incident, spot, wide angle reflective, continuous light, flash or combination of them??
    No you don't, as many meters have many or all of these functions.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hmmm...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Westclock Travalarm Model 451.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF2124.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	147.7 KB 
ID:	73540

.::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Not that aesthetics have no impact on me but I would prefer a modern digital meter with an AA battery power supply. It should read both incident and reflected and have a lock the reading feature. Compact would be nice too. Instead I have a Gossen Pilot I bought used for $9, good modern meters cost more than I can spend.

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I kinda like the Gossen Digiflash it's small and portable and only weights 40g on the other hand from a design point of view I always liked the older Minolte Viewmeter 9 (Spotmeters).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My vote goes to the latest incarnation of the Minolta Autometer V1, the Kenko KFM 2100 http://www.kenkoglobal.com/kfm-2100.html it's the most versatile and accurate meter for film photography I've owned in more than fifty years of photography, it has so many useful for the film photographer they are almost too numerous to mention.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 08-27-2013 at 05:41 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    My vote goes to the latest incarnation of the Minolta Autometer V1, the Kenko KFM 2100 http://www.kenkoglobal.com/kfm-2100.html it's the most versatile and accurate meter for film photography I've owned in more than fifty years of photography, it has so many useful for the film photographer they are almost too numerous to mention.
    It's on my wish list, but can't decide between this one and the Starlite 2 from Gossen.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am quite happy with my Zeiss Ikon Ikophot. Simple to use, doesn't use batteries and cheap enough to throw away if it should ever stop working.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jwd722 View Post
    hmmm...
    The hands are four minutes out of synch.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I have the Minolta Flashmeter VI and I like it very much but I am not sure I would consider it as the best design.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin