Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,584   Posts: 1,545,790   Online: 1077

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I vote for the Luna Pro F.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    +1
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I like my old Pentax Spotmeters. They are large in the scheme of things but they are so easy to use and as reliable as a wood burning stove. They are also dirt cheap if you are prepared to get one that isn't a collectors' piece. Since I changed to using them I don't think I've made a single wrong exposure...
    RR

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Regular Rod View Post
    I like my old Pentax Spotmeters. They are large in the scheme of things but they are so easy to use and as reliable as a wood burning stove. They are also dirt cheap if you are prepared to get one that isn't a collectors' piece. Since I changed to using them I don't think I've made a single wrong exposure...
    RR
    Those really are great meters. If and when I get a spotmeter, it will be one of the analogue Pentaxes. Pentices?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pentax Spot. Perfectly designed for scanning the scene and building a mental image of the distribution of values.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I use Pentax digital spotmeters for everything. The less bells and whistles, the better. Reliable, accurate, quick to read. My second favorite is
    the Minolta Spotmeter F, but it needs a few buttons punched, so is not quite as intuitive to use.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Luna Pro F!

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Luna Six F! I think its the same as a Luna Pro F mentioned multiple times already. Its big but has incident, reflective and flash measurements; attachments add function including 15 and 7 degree spot plus some other gadgets. 9 volt battery!
    "If its not broken, I can't afford it."

Shooter
    Large Format
    I spoke by e-mail the other day to the fellow who invented and had prototyped several voltage regulators that can be fitted inside a regular plain old Gossen Luna Pro from the 1970's. As anyone knows, the Luna pro was never topped as the perfect meter. Its only flaw was the 625 battery. Two cells totaling 2.7 volts. The best replacement today is the 357 silver. Without the voltage discharge curve of these 2 types, you don't have a meter. Between the normal need for re-calibration, and the terrible discharge curve of present-day 625 alkalines, you can be off as much as a stop and a half.
    Long story short, I bought and installed 2 of this man's units in 2 meters, my own and a good buddy's down here in the country. That was 2 years ago. Both meters are dead-on, and on the set of 357's I originally installed. Thanks to the miraculous little voltage regulator I installed, both are running 2.7 volts from 2-357's totaling 3.2 volts.

Shooter
    35mm
    I liked my old Metrastar by Metrawat. It was small had a viewing window for a normal lens, and looked like it was built by Leica of Old(I did buy it in Germany in the late 60s}. But it eventually died. I wish I'd kept it because it was SO beautiful.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin