Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,931   Posts: 1,556,958   Online: 1004

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Favourite design for a lightmeter

If you were asked to suggest your favourite design for a lightmeter, what would it be? I would suggest the Gossen Sixtry -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photoli2009/8507990784/

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    If you were asked to suggest your favourite design for a lightmeter, what would it be? I would suggest the Gossen Sixtry -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photoli2009/8507990784/
    Hmm, an interesting suggestion but nowhere near as interesting as your reasons for nominating the Sixtry. Do tell, at length if you please. We could all learn something.
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, you have two kinds of design

-) the kind of scale/kind of reading

-) the outer form/kind of arrangement of actuators

Concerning the first issue I prefer the zero-adjust or placing-the-result system like in the Gossen Profisix (and others)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Hmm, an interesting suggestion but nowhere near as interesting as your reasons for nominating the Sixtry. Do tell, at length if you please. We could all learn something.
    I like the design and it's functions.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Large Format
    And it looks like it also gives a close shave. I'd say the Luna Pro.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Gossen Sixtar : http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Gossen_Sixtar
    So easy to use - just does the job in many situations.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    I like the design and it's functions.
    Oh, don't be so coy. Tell us about the design and the functions and why you like them. Let's share some knowledge around.
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Luna Pro F

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Oh, don't be so coy. Tell us about the design and the functions and why you like them. Let's share some knowledge around.
    I like the roller blind cover for incident readings and the side variations for light spectrum analysis, also the ergonomic shape and size for the way it fits in your hand.

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    35mm
    First you must specify a design for what type of light meter? Incident, spot, wide angle reflective, continuous light, flash or combination of them??

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin