Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,955   Posts: 1,522,808   Online: 981

Shooter
    Medium Format

50 mm 1.4 S series lens.. Lens Hood?

Hey guys,

I know there is a big thread about 50mm however, this is a different quaetion. I was wondering if the old S series 50 mm 1.4 Nikkor lens had a rubber lens hood. Or can it accomidate a rubber lens hood?

ToddB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Hey guys,

I know there is a big thread about 50mm however, this is a different quaetion. I was wondering if the old S series 50 mm 1.4 Nikkor lens had a rubber lens hood. Or can it accomidate a rubber lens hood?

ToddB
    There were two hoods for that lens, a metal screw-in and a metal snap-in that falls off every time you bump it. Look on the Mir site for the models numbers.
    I'm presuming you're talking of the pre-Ai, 50/1.4 Nikkor-S - in which case the "S" is not a series but a designation of the number of elements. S = sept, seven, H = hex, six, and so on.

Why wouldn't you be able to use a rubber hood? If it has 52mm threads and doesn't vignette the corners, it's all good.

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...kor/index2.htm Scroll down.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On my Nikkor 50 1,4 S.C. is always attached rubber lens hood HR -1 with Nikkor UV filter L37, which is also suitable for nikkor 50/2.

Shooter
    35mm
    It has the standard 52mm thread, so the HR-1 should be ok.
    My cameras:
    Fed 2
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here is a fantastic reference for Nikon lenses:
    http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/accessory.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey guys,

I found one.. I work at the Kirtland AFB photo lab, I was talking with my boss and he had one that wasn't being used, so he gave it to me. Thanks for the help guys. Pimping out my FE

ToddB

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Which is S series again? I thought that was the rangefinder lens with a 43mm threads?

Edit: my mistake

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Legge View Post
    Which is S series again? I thought that was the rangefinder lens with a 43mm threads?

Edit: my mistake
    Read my post above. Edit - Nevermind

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin