Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,349   Online: 1011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for the answers. I will look for the Zinc-Air battery as it will be VERY expensive to send my OM-1 to USA

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You do know that only the meter needs the battery? You can still take picture using another meter(camera or handheld) as the OM-1 is mechanical.
    "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by garryl
    You do know that only the meter needs the battery? You can still take picture using another meter(camera or handheld) as the OM-1 is mechanical.
    I know that, but I want to use the OM-1 as a "always-with-me" camera. The size of the OM-1 equipped with the 50 mm f/1.8 is perfect for my bag I use every day. Having two cameras with me or a seperate light meter is not preferable as I want something easy to use and simple to carry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I find my OM cameras work just fine with modern alk batteries. The meter difference is hardly noticeable, maybe 1/3 stop.

David.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Woolliscroft
    I find my OM cameras work just fine with modern alk batteries. The meter difference is hardly noticeable, maybe 1/3 stop.

David.
    I will give this a try and test using a slide film to check out the meter accuracy.
    Thanks for all the answers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    I will give this a try and test using a slide film to check out the meter accuracy.
    Thanks for all the answers.
    I just want to comment on my experience with alkaline batteries. It works great! I buy alkaline cells for 2-5 DKK (35-80 US cents) and they last for long. I change them every other month to keep the meter precise.

Nice camera that I carry with me all the time in my bag. The OM-1 is small and handy to carry around. I NEVER think about leaving home home without it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Morten,

Here is the Small Battery Company's page on the PX625 and all it's equivalents, including the MR-9 voltage adapter which allows you to use easily available silver oxide 386 cells. The Small Battery Co is in England, so it may be cheaper than shipping to and from the states.

Andy.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't use the OM 1, but my Canon FTb uses the same battery that I have found the cheapest and easyest solution to replacing the PX625 mercury cell with a PX625 zinc air Wein cell ,and have had no problem.

Shooter
    35mm

Battery for OM-1/1N

Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    Hi

In a thread today I mentioned that I had an OM-1 lying @ home. Now I have taken it out and I am rather keen on shooting with it again.
    But the battery is missing, so I cannot see which one I need to buy.

Can you me, APUGGERS?

Morten
    You would need a mercury 1.35V battery which are discontinued (mostly) worldwide. Next best is an MR-9 adapter which is a metal can with a schotkey diode built in. MR-9 uses a 1.55V silver oxide battery (386 type) which gets stepped down to 1.35V. If your meter is working, the MR-9 is the perfect drop in replacement. I casution against using the alkaline 625A / 625U batteries, which are the same size as the mercury battery but are 1.55V. they will cause a 2-3 stop error in the OM-1 / 1N.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin