Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,750   Posts: 1,515,754   Online: 1086

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Miranda View Post
    Hi Noel

I have an AIS 50mm f/1.8 version that was produced for the Japanese market. It is a pancake lens, very similar design to the Series E, apart from the rubber focusing ring and it focuses down to 0.45. The colour of the coatings are also different, but performance is about the same. I can't see a difference.

Ricardo
    I have a long nose AI Nikkor
    an early all black poly carbonate E
    a late aluminium E
    and a pancake AI-S Nikkor

the last three are only different in few grams and rabbits ears.
    The coating colours are different in each but all are vestigial reflections as multi coated things should be not vibrant single colours like my single coated lenses from pre 65.
    I've only got one to hand to check as Im away from home.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Noel!
    As a curiosity, some marketing photos of lenses are manipulated to exaggerate the coatings colour. I saw this on Flickr and it made me laugh: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8678824...-bfUMFe-9jUrra
    My cameras:
    Nikon F4, F4S, F401S, F601, F801, F801S, F50, F55, F60, F65, F70, F75, F80, F90, F90X, EL2, FE, FM, FG, FG-20, EM

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    besides all the product descriptions and the serial numbers, some of my nikon lenses have smsll silver sticky labels on them with numbers such as 7,8,9 or 10. who knows what these numbers mean?
    thanks for all the suggestions, but thanks to Ken Rockwell's amazing site, I finally figured it out.It has nothong to do with quality ,manufacturing lines or inspectors.It is simply a recycling code.Sadly Nikon is assuming that their product will eventually ends up in the trash and at a material recycler.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And what do they mean??

So far such coding has only be employed to one-material parts. A whole lens though is a conglomerate of materials.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    And what do they mean??

So far such coding has only be employed to one-material parts. A whole lens though is a conglomerate of materials.
    this explained in wikepedia under recycling codes
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin