Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,055   Online: 945

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Russian lenses for Nikon?

There is something special with Russian lenses that is very attractive to me. Maybe it is the contrast, the quality of the areas out of focus, or the slight vignetting. Or maybe just something in my head. Anyway, I'll give you a couple of examples.

Industar 61 on a FED II, Arista Premium, shot at 400 ISO
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image131522.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	441.5 KB 
ID:	74086

Smena 8N, Fuji NPH, shot at 400 ISO

Name:	Image131706.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	638.1 KB 
ID:	74087

Industar 61 on a FED III, Neopan 1600 if I remember correctly

Name:	33841_original.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	237.3 KB 
ID:	74088

I love these lenses, but the cameras are a pain. Do anyone of you know of similar lenses that fit on a Nikon-F mount? Do they give the same results?

thanks in ahead
    /Erik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Better yet, you can get a Kiev 17 and put Nikon lenses on it!

http://www.sovietcams.com/index.php?-1686813924

edit - I'm intrigued by the FSU lenses as well, and I have 42mm screwmount bodies as well as Nikon.
    There are Russian lenses available in both mounts.
    Last edited by E. von Hoegh; 09-06-2013 at 03:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    M42 to Nikon mount adapter and go to town.

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As far as I know it is difficult to find lenses that will work at least at infinity on Nikon cameras. The distance from the mount to the film plane is to long.
    I have a couple of FSU lenses (J-3 and J-8) but they will not work on a Nikon due to the spacing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    M42 to Nikon mount adapter and go to town.
    Nope. You lose infinity focus due to the difference in flange focus distance. And the adapters with optics which do give infinity focus aren't very good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JLP View Post
    As far as I know it is difficult to find lenses that will work at least at infinity on Nikon cameras. The distance from the mount to the film plane is to long.
    I have a couple of FSU lenses (J-3 and J-8) but they will not work on a Nikon due to the spacing.
    As I pointed out in my first post, FSU did make lenses in Nikon F mount.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for all the replies. So there are both adapters and lenses originally made for the F-mount. Actually I have googled a bit found an Industar 61 for Nikon. Could it be the same as for my FED?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Or Kiev 19.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There are Russian lenses that have Nikon F mounts. They can be found for sale on the web by doing a little searching. People in the old Soviet Union states often convert them and sell them on fleabay too, but I wouldn't go that route. Too many issues, especially if you have to send something back, which is pretty likely in my experience. I used to have a J-11 135mm and it imaged quite nicely for portraits, but was a pig to use. The hacked Nikon mount meant that the aperture readings were on the bottom rather than the top, and the thing was full of thick grease on the focusing threads. It was not fun to focus. Stick to buying from a dealer. These folk sell them, but the prices are crazy in my opinion.
    http://www.rugift.com/photocameras/n...ras_lenses.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Petersson View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. So there are both adapters and lenses originally made for the F-mount. Actually I have googled a bit found an Industar 61 for Nikon. Could it be the same as for my FED?
    There are two versions of the lens Industar-61:

- Industar-61LD: m39 screw mount, or LTM (Leica Thread Mount) for FED or Zorki cameras.

- Industar-61LZ: m42 screw mount for Zenit cameras.

Do not know any Industar-61 lens with Nikon-F mount. If there is because there was some modification.

On this website and in the manual of the camera Kiev-19 you will find different mount lenses Nikon-F that were built in the FSU.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin