Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,901   Posts: 1,521,096   Online: 999

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Question on EOS Bodies and Screwmount Lenses.

So I know the EOS bodies can takes SM lenses, my questions are, what if any are the metering limitations and what bodies are the best choice mechanically vs price.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    With an adapter that has the electronic chip, the focus confirmation can be utilized when manually focusing. You will have to manually stop the lens down. The "auto" lenses have nothing in the camera to actuate the diaphragm.

There are two styles of adapters. One has a flange at the bottom, to depress the pin, in auto lenses, to actuate the diaphragm. The other does not. But neither actuate the diaphragm at the moment of the capture. I have grown to like the Russian lenses, that let me pre-set the aperture, and then open wide for focus. You just have to remember to go back to the desired aperture to get proper metering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Elan 7, 7e, 7N, 7Ne (EOS 30/33 and 30V/33V) don't seem to meter accurately with adapters and non-EF lenses.

My Elan IIe (EOS 50) and Rebel 2000 (EOS 300) bodies do meter well with adapters and my OM Zuiko lenses.

They all require that you use stop-down metering.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have had no metering problems with either OM>EOS or M42>EOS adapters, but I cannot get infinity focus with my M42>EOS adapter - I suspect that the adapter is just a wee bit too thick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have no problems with my EOS 3. Some lenses protrude too far into the camera body and it hits the mirror at infinity though. You can usually find that out on the web somewhere.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peltigera View Post
    I have had no metering problems with either OM>EOS or M42>EOS adapters, but I cannot get infinity focus with my M42>EOS adapter - I suspect that the adapter is just a wee bit too thick.
    Which adapter is that?
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've got a couple of M42 Pentax lenses that I want to use on some body besides my K1000 with bad meter. If I can do that with a Canon EOS then I'll give me additional opportunity to buy into the brands lens lineup. Since my lenses have auto/manual switches I'm set for stop down shooting. I'll just need to know which adapters to buy or stay away from and what bodies work.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an $11 adapter I bought from B&H. No focus confirm chip.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...t_adapter.html

Pentax lenses that do not work on my EOS 3 b/c they hit the mirror: 50mm 1.4, 35mm 2.0, 20mm 4.5.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchetman View Post
    I have an $11 adapter I bought from B&H. No focus confirm chip.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...t_adapter.html

Pentax lenses that do not work on my EOS 3 b/c they hit the mirror: 50mm 1.4, 35mm 2.0, 20mm 4.5.
    Are the threads too deep on the lens or does the elements protrude?
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider View Post
    Which adapter is that?
    It was a very cheap adapter from Ebay - I cannot remember the people I bought from.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin