Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,485   Online: 927

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

My new favorite 35mm camera

I recently picked up a nice clean Rollei 35S. Ebay purchase, billed as being very clean and adjusted for modern batteries. Came with a manual, case, lens hood, and a battery and easily as clean as I expected. A really nice looking camera. I just picked up the first roll, some Provia 100, and am pleased as can be. Blown away actually that such a small little thing works so well. Colors, sharpness, exposure are all excellent. Yep, this week at least (I can be fickle) its my favorite 35mm camera.
    This is my first purchase from this seller but so far so good. Its rolleifanatic35 if your interested.
    Last edited by EdColorado; 09-12-2013 at 10:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats on your purchase and on saving a great old camera from the non-use pile.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A great camera!

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    I have one of those available if anyone's interested.

Marc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My Rollei 35 Classic has quickly become one of my favourite cameras too, utterly tiny and the only thing it lacks is of course a way to accurately focus. However, I'm someone who stops down to at least f/8 most of the time, so I can scale focus with ease.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got Rollei 35SE recently, the shutter speeds 1/60 and 1/15 and lower don't work too well, but I love it. I've to take it apart and lube it up. But I didn't get around to it yet, since I keep loading new roll of film into it all the time.

The guess finder takes a while to get used to and I love Zeiss glass. This lens doesn't disappoint.

I printed out following chart and keep it in my wallet http://tomchuk.com/misc/rf/
    It helps me with focusing a lot as wider apertures.

Just test it out and make sure you put in all the parameters correctly.

It seems to work for me:

rr80s+xtol_rescan029.jpg by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr

rr80s+xtol_rescan048.jpg by Jarek Miszkinis, on Flickr

Shooter
    35mm
    Love that second pic, Nuff!
    -Markster

Canon AE-1P 35mm | 50mm/f1.8 FDn | 28mm/2.8 FD | 70-200mm/f4-5 FD | 35-70mm/F2.8-3.5 Sigma FD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I picked up one of the first Rollie 35's about twenty years ago and it was about 20 y/o at the time. The shutter would stick at the slower speeds so I sent it off for a CLA and it worked great for many years. It had the 40mm f:3.5 Tessar lens and it was very sharp. I used it mostly in B&W to take pictures of my kids and for that it was great. With the leaf shutter and the Rollie flash you could do some nice synchro-sun shots...very versatile camera and I got used to the scale focusing pretty quickly.
    I sold it recently to a chap in Australia and I am sure he is getting good use from it.
    Enjoy your new camera, they are real gems!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    35mm
    I've had one for three years and love it.

Shooter
    35mm
    I forgot. When not in use, keep it in the dark, (a bag, cupboard, whatever). Apparently, this makes the light meters last for ever. Mine is still perfectly accurate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin