Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,888   Posts: 1,520,733   Online: 1103

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nearly concentric, oval segments with slight emphasis on the lower half.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    Most consumer cameras from that era that weren't spot metering used a center-weighted averaging meter pattern that took up roughly two thirds of the screen with the emphasis on the center of the screen first and, to a lesser degree, the bottom of the screen.
    Minolta SRT's used their CLC system that biased the reading toward the bottom, reducing the tendency to underexpose.

CLC=contrast light compensating.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you need to know the precise metering area and don't want the A series cough that's caused by the mirror braking mechanism I suggest you buy an F1 or FTb they are also both all metal, better made, and more reliable cameras than the AL1.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 09-20-2013 at 06:53 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Some of the A series Canon SLR's can also have a problem with a cover over the metering cell. Apparently it can go cloudy over time.
    I don't know if this can be cleaned or if the cloudiness goes right through the material. I have my doubts that new replacements are
    still available. Perhaps the cover could be removed during a CLA.

I found this out recently when my AE-1 was overexposing by 2 stops. I also checked my A-1 against a Canon EF, an F1-N and a T90 and it
    was overexposing by 1 stop compared to the other three bodies. My A series bodies are both in exc condition and were last serviced
    within the last 10 years. No mirror squeak. For the time being I'll just compensate via the film speed dial. I like using the A series bodies from
    time to time as they are a lot lighter than my other FD's.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    see page 32 of the manual the download is free...
    http://www.butkus.org/chinon/canon/c...canon_at-1.htm
    but Lynn will accept a sub
    but it is centre weighted with a downward bias to miss out the sky - I.e. no spot meter pattern

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blockend View Post
    The AT-1 is mistakenly overlooked, because it emerged in a period when automatic exposure was a must-have accessory. It wasn't even available on the Japanese domestic market, but was aimed at emerging countries where the extra price of auto was a deal breaker.
    I also heard this camera was intended for the North American market. As a matter of fact, I got hold of one of these in mint condition for some 20$... And it works perfect. I consider this camera as a perfect camera replacement and much less expensive than the A-1 or AE-1 ones. A real underestimated camera.
    Last edited by Photo-gear; 09-21-2013 at 01:56 PM. Click to view previous post history.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The AT-1 not just lacks the autoexposure feature of the AE-1. The metering range of the AE-1 starts at EV1 that of the AT-1 at EV3.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    the meter pattern is ok in a manual camera 99% of time it is a light meter not an exposure meter the exposure meter is supposed to be between ears.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin