Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,773   Posts: 1,484,409   Online: 1081

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Rollei 35 dilemma

OK sorry if this is a silly dilemma.

I love my Rollei 35, but I dislike carrying cameras without neck straps. I've even dropped mine once or twice (but it still works fine).

I have two solutions to improve my Rollei 35 experience:
    1. Get a lanyard strap (or something similar). Anyone do this with this camera or something similar (like a P&S, light digital camera, and etc.). I feel that it might feel kind of silly/awkard as I'm not used to carrying cameras sideways or upside down (like if I used the tripod socket).

2. Get a Zhou case and use a nice neck strap. I generally do not like cases but $60 to use a neck strap might be worth it, I guess. How is the quality? I like the look and it seems secure enough. I've never bought a camera case but I hated the cheesy ones on my Konica Auto S2 (it came with the camera).

I also feel that this camera might be too light to carry around the neck, not sure.

The other option is to just get a collapsible Elmar on my M, but that is a different scenario all together.
    Last edited by puketronic; 09-20-2013 at 06:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I bought a case from jyippie08 on eBay, decent quality, and firmly attaches into the tripod bush.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Yashica T4 with the leather case it normally comes with, and I took the neck lanyard off of another point and shoot. That seems to work pretty well, and the Yashica T4 is certainly more cheaply made. I think the photo quality is about equal though.
    Check out my website!

Nikon F2//Yaschica T4//Zenza Bronica ETR//Polaroid SX-70 Sonar OneStep

Shooter
    35mm
    Have you considered a small case on a belt? The camera is then always to hand and also doesn't swing about. I am the opposite to you and dislike straps so I use my pocket or in warmer weather I use a belt pack.
    " ... a cook who relies on nothing but a sharp knife has no guarantee of producing excellent dishes." - Yoshihisa Maitani

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Do you have the wrist strap it came with?

Shooter
    35mm
    A small camera bag, besides looking nice if you get a good leather one, also holds extra film, a battery, (if necessary), and a notepad and pen.
    I've been carrying my camera this way for a long time and enjoy it. Just leave the lid unzipped for quick access when you need it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I find that the Lowepro FS 10 belt case fits the Rollei 35 perfectly — also perfect for the Seconic L398 ( Norwood ) meter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Zhou case for the Rollei 35 is great.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another option is a tripod-mount wrist strap like here: http://www.gordyscamerastraps.com/wr...ipod/index.htm I have one and use it with several smaller cameras like my Rollei 35 and a Zorki-1.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The Rollei 35 uses a special connector for the strap, so you'll need that connector to adapt the wrist strap for a neck strap.

I like the idea of the tripod-mounted strap. A half case would also work, although you obviously have to take it out of the case to change film.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin