Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,569   Posts: 1,545,467   Online: 1178

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    My favorites were the old Agfa cartridges. As late as the 1970s Ilford sold film on spools without the rest of the cartridge and wrapped in foil. You would go into the darkroom or use a changing bag to take off the foil and insert the spool with the film into a used cartridge. I used to tape the end of the old black plastic screw cap cartridges so they wouldn't open up by themselves. The most frustrating cartridge was the Kodak Snap Cap. It was liable to pop open at any time with no warning. I need to try the reloadable Nikon cartridges in one of my F2 bodies. At some point recently I was on the Freestyle website when they were still selling the relabeled Tri-X in bulk rolls. The spooled film was almost the same price per roll as the bulk film so I bought the spooled film instead.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by dynachrome View Post
    My favorites were the old Agfa cartridges. As late as the 1970s Ilford sold film on spools without the rest of the cartridge and wrapped in foil. You would go into the darkroom or use a changing bag to take off the foil and insert the spool with the film into a used cartridge. I used to tape the end of the old black plastic screw cap cartridges so they wouldn't open up by themselves. The most frustrating cartridge was the Kodak Snap Cap. It was liable to pop open at any time with no warning. I need to try the reloadable Nikon cartridges in one of my F2 bodies. At some point recently I was on the Freestyle website when they were still selling the relabeled Tri-X in bulk rolls. The spooled film was almost the same price per roll as the bulk film so I bought the spooled film instead.
    seems like yesterday they even had the longer bottom loading leader...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    If you cut the end of the film across when you remove it from the cassette for processing, leaving an inch or so of the old trailer protruding from the mouth of the cassette, you can then, when reloading, fix the end of the new film with a bit of tape and wind it into the cassette, without needing to remove the cap. Obviously watch out for anything to cause dust or scratches, as with any reloading.
    That! Use good tape that won't come undone with a firm wind.
    I confess I'm a gear nut within my price range. ;)
    Nikon FM2n, FG, FG20, N2000, Nikkormat, Olympus Stylus Epic
    Minox 35EL, Voigtlander Bessa-L
    Yashica-D TLR 6x6, Seagull TLR 6x6
    Agfa Isolette 6x6, Welmy 6x6
    Kodak Tourist 6x9 Anaston lens
    http://www.wendelstout.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin