Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,390   Online: 662

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    I wear glasses and use that eyepiece extender without the optics. I tried it first with the optics and hated the view but liked the space for my big nose, so I pulled the optics out and now love it compared to having the viewfinder right on the body. I use a Minolta right angle finder for most of my SLR work now, but if I need to go light/small, I'll use the EX15.

I don't know that it solves the OP's problem, though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Unfortunately, as we have all come to grips with, there is no perfect camera. I suspect that the manufacturers always leave in ONE design flaw to make people upgrade to the newer model, and then that camera also has ONE design flaw. Neat little business they have. I suspect you're either going to have to live w/ your camera's one problem, or get another model (which will surely have a separate problem). You can see how people can amass a drawer full of cameras and still have none that are "just right". After a while, good enough is where it's at.

Shooter
    35mm
    I use an eyecup to hold a piece cut from an eyeglass lens. It should hold a magnifying lens as well. There is a standard magnifying lens made for the Olympus Evolt cameras. It slips right over the eyepiece.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I am probably missing something here, but why would you want to magnify the viewfinder image? Wont this give you a false image of what you are taking?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, the viewfinder shows the image formed on the focusing screen- you look through it at the image; it does not alter the image.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    I am probably missing something here, but why would you want to magnify the viewfinder image? Wont this give you a false image of what you are taking?
    More precise/easier to confirm focus.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Now I understand, you are talking about a prescription eyepiece.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin