Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,927   Posts: 1,522,142   Online: 936

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    "Green" is not an inherent quality. The wavelength of the radiation (which we perceive as "green") is an inherent quality.
    LOL. I'm presently reading a medieval mystery that involves a discussion of Nominalism vs. Realism - it sounds just like that.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "The rays are not coloured"

W.D. Wright

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Nope, you're wrong once again Yash...
    "Green" is not an inherent quality. The wavelength of the radiation (which we perceive as "green") is an inherent quality.

I understood what the OP meant. I was making a point to the others failing to distinguish between various substances and finishes.

Actually, being green is the inherent quality of green. The wavelength we perceive as "green" may also be vert, groen, zöld, etc. But at least for English speakers, the defining characteristic of "green" is that it is green.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, meanwhile I got intrigued by this topic and re-viewed my collection. And I have to admit that the matted chromium and matted anodized aluminium surfaces could be distinguished in specular light, with the former having more gloss.
    But with much more surface treatments employed nowadays in the process of anodizing this may not apply any longer.

Shooter
    Multi Format

chrome-nose canon fd

I had a chrome-nose, single-coated, Canon breech-lock 28mm f3.5 along with my first (1977) Canon F-1. It was a wonderful lens with a special affinity for Kodachrome. Handsome, too.

Shooter
    35mm
    I prefer black
    Less blingy
    Later Zeiss were all two tone aluminum and the exposure aluminum gripping area shows wear quite easily

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by GarageBoy View Post
    I prefer black
    Less blingy
    Later Zeiss were all two tone aluminum and the exposure aluminum gripping area shows wear quite easily
    Some old aluminum lenses were polished and lacquered, which looks very nice. But when the lacquer wears, the Al tarnishes to a dingy grey.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Well, meanwhile I got intrigued by this topic and re-viewed my collection. And I have to admit that the matted chromium and matted anodized aluminium surfaces could be distinguished in specular light, with the former having more gloss.
    But with much more surface treatments employed nowadays in the process of anodizing this may not apply any longer.
    Under natural light aluminum, chrome, and nickel are easy to distinguish.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin